Who are your heroes in life??

by karter 17 Replies latest jw friends

• karter
    karter

Someone you looked up to some who did something amazing?

I live in New Zealand and 1 of mine is Sir Edmound Hillary,A great yet humble man.

He and Tenzing Norgay were the 1st to reach the top of Mt Everest.It went to the grave with both of them who put there foot on top 1st,Neather of them reviled that.

He did alot for the sherpa's of Napal making sure they were payed well for their work as well as setting up schools there.

He came to my school and gave a speech then walked around the play ground talking to us children,His phone number was in the phone book and he would talk to anyone that rang him partially children doing a project on Everest.

The British tryed to say that Mallory and Irvine may have made it to the top of Everest years before,Hillarys reply.....They may have but i made it down again.

Karter.

• caves
    caves

Buck Brannaman. Horseman great bio. I have been wanting to go to one of his clinics. His daughter teaches at the Uof montana Colt breaking. He lives in Sheridan WY. (mild obsession)

Bette Davis. deceased, just an awesome actress, loved her bio. (obsessed)

George Sanders. deceased, That voice! I find him fascinating.

George Burns. deceased. What a guy.

George Bush the 2. ( Ive met him and I think he is a nice down to earth person, not afraid to get his hands dirty, super cool attitude about life)

Ashley Judd. (multi talented) (humanitarian causes)

The real heroes for me are the people that I have meet along the way in life that were just kind people, just because they were/are. For me that is quite enough to warrant hero status.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Fred Hollows ,humanitarian and eye surgeon whose legacy is to prevent and treat unnecessary blindness in people all over the world .

Dr Victor Chang a heart surgeon whose legacy still lives on was murdered in a failed extortion bid .

Just two that come to mind .

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

When I was young... Red Cloud. The greatest chief of the Oglala Sioux, because he was brave and intelligent and he knew when to fight and when to stop fighting.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

^^^ No, not the one in red. ^^^

I admire Joe Frazier because he made it in life despite coming from a poor background.

He didn't feel sorry for himself or cry oppression, he went out and grabbed success with both hands.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Dame Jocelyn Bell Burnell who discovered pulsars but her boss got the Nobel prize instead. She was the first woman president of the Institute of Pyhsics. My late husband told me about her because he was a chartered physicist member of the institute.

Silicon valley are awarding her the Breakthrough Prize in November and she has decided to donate the $3 million to the institute of physics to fund PhD students to get more people, particularly women into science. She said she doesn't need the money. It's true she's won so many prizes and had a brilliant career.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

My heroes are all the people who bravely blazed the trail for human rights of all causes.

Those who first stood up to oppression, injustice, sexism, misogyny, abuses, racism etc!

Those who raised the awareness of others to things that are simply not right.

We live in a world that makes me so proud compared to many appalling periods of human history - all because of such people.

• recovering
    recovering

My heroes would have.to include my brother Tom who showed me what being a man truly was. His humor always shined even when he was facing death. He showed me how love should be unconditional and encouraged me to think for myself. He provided me a prospective that was different from that of a Child raised by Jehovah's witnesses. He.led by example. I miss him dearly.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Everybody here who has faced a judicial committee, stood up and said "No way, I don't buy it and I'm not going to take it and #%$#@%^ the consequences".

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Plus, this guy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit