Looking for my little sister.

by DeadmanWalking 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ding
    Ding

If you do get a message to her, you might want to begin by saying, "I am NOT going to try to persuade you to become a Jehovah's Witness again. In fact, I am no longer one myself and have no desire to return."

• pbrow
    pbrow

Not sure how long you have been out deadman but make sure you are physically and especially emotionally out. I have found lots of people that were df but were still mentally in.

Like many others here you can talk w/ df'd people who still think this is a group that "generally gets it right" but are imperfect humans. If that describes you in any way do not contact her yet. Do some more digging, jwfacts, crisis of conscience. Get completely out before you make contact w/ someone who was treated the way your sister was treated.

pbrow

• DeadmanWalking
    DeadmanWalking
    I think it's selfish of me to go any further with this.
  • pbrow
    pbrow

deadman... Selfish is ok, selfish is good. You have wasted how long being "selfless" in the work of the lord? You allowed yourself to be controlled by a cult but you are awake! At the end of the day, that is all that matters!

You have made bad decisions in the past but WE ALL HAVE! You treated your sister poorly but now you want to apologize for that. That is admirable. You want to have her and her family in your life now. That is normal. Do not be easily discouraged but take the advice of the many people that support you and make the decision that is best for your circumstances.

Good luck!

pbrow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit