cart witnesses

by stan livedeath 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Theonlyoneleft
    Theonlyoneleft

I saw some too.

Today on my local town, standing next to the cart two young man. Not normally on a Friday and not normally young men, many times I see two “sisters” there.

Well dressed, smiling and talking to each other while keeping an eye out, but not approaching anyone.

Firstly I thought, gosh it’s so cold out... why are you even here?! And if you’re not talking to anyone... how can you be preaching? I don’t get it.... you’re not saving anyone from the blooming-gedon.

Then I looked at the cart and at them, and I just thought... I hope you have day jobs to save you one day.

could not but just feel some pity to see them just there counting hours for nothing. So silly.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Reminds me of this "apostate" guy I used to always see with an anti-WT protest sign, standing outside the gate of the local Assembly Hall I went to...

...he was there, rain or shine.

Even back then, I felt a little sorry for him.

• lancelink
    lancelink

I go to downtown Chicago quite often, and doing cart witnessing must cause a certain type of cognitive dissonance.

Hundreds, if not thousands of people walk by these carts, and the witnesses are smiling and either talking to each other, or playing with their phones.

its embarrassing to watch them .

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Remember when 'the message' was urgent lol...now they avoid the public like the plague. See them all the time, two dubs standing by a trolley, chatting away and drinking coffee until the next pair take over from them. Rinse and repeat.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

And every time they put in their field service report they LIE to Jehovah and Jesus that they have been witnessing for them for x amount of hours that they claim to have done .

• Half banana
    Half banana

I really miss "Witness baiting" in London, they seem to have all vanished from the centre. But recently I was travelling in Andalusia and Extremadura in Spain and came across a JW trolley in each town I visited. Not that I saw anyone approaching them, just two witnesses passing the time of day in jolly chat mode with each other.

To what end?

It is busy work: the witness it made to think he or she is doing God's will. Hours spent in "preaching" making a grand tally for the JW records and publicity department. Since JWs don't actually like preaching door to door, this is a palatable substitute. It keeps up the appearance, yes just the appearance of "preaching".

JWs fit in well with the ethos of a "post truth" world where media representation is the most important commodity. Time will sort out the useful from the useless.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

They did used to make converts by knocking on doors and actually speaking to people, even if we personally did not achieve this, we felt we were part of a work that did actually get results. How any of them can even feel an inkling of that doing the cart work beats me, they must know it is a monumental waste of time.

The Cart I see most often is manned by people I know are over eighty, it seems the youngsters are too busy doing....what ? not Witnessing in any way I bet.

The Org must be content to be an On Line Church, but with their media skills, converts will be rare, donations more so.

How long before the average Congo. member gets pissed off with it all ? The Org is doomed to dwindle and die.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

today i walked between a cart--and the 2 attendants. one was a guy in his 50's ( i would think ) the other a lad in his teens. the older guy was more interested in his companion than any passer by. i think the watchtower bunch must see this all the time.

• Ding
    Ding

JWs are trained not to ask "why" questions.

Just do what the organization tells you and all will be well...

• Chook
    Chook

I love the carts they are sitting ducks to a enthusiast apostate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit