cart witnesses

by stan livedeath 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i drove through a nearby seaside town today. it was starting to rain. it was cold. there--on a deserted street corner was a cart with 2 dubs in attendance. they looked perished, fed up and very glum. they saw me looking at them--and i burst out laughing.

what a complete and utter waste of time. i do hope they think long and hard before they do it again.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Sad. So cruel to mislead people like this.

I look at them standing there in the rain shunning me. Sigh.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Sad. So cruel to mislead people like this.

I look at them standing there in the rain shunning me. Sigh.

• Under No Illusion
    Under No Illusion

Over the last couple of years I have had two vacations to the US and stayed in beachside communities.

Most recent visit - stayed in Carlsbad Village - clean, upscale quaint touristy town. No homeless in sight. Never saw a cart anywhere in a month, though there were some great 'set up' places - railway station, weekly village farmers market etc.

First visit - Oceanside - perfectly ok place to stay but definitely had a seedy side. A few homeless around, street drinking etc. I was tripping over carts. At one point I saw 3 within a few hundred metres of each other. One set up at the Farmer's Market every Thursday. Never saw them talking to anyone, Ignored the homeless, sat looking at their phones. (Pretty sure the homeless didn't want a relationship with Big J either). One was ALWAYS set up at the start of the pier. I talked to the guy a few times. Nice enough, but clearly bored, worn down, kind of gave off a dispirited vibe. But he was there every day.

I asked why so many carts together and he explained it was an 'intersection of territories' or something. More like poor management from higher up I say. What a waste.

And damn could they pack up those carts fast.

• staypuft
    staypuft
    Trudging slowly over wet sand
    Back to the bench where your clothes were stolen
    This is the coastal town
    That they forgot to close down
    Armageddon, come Armageddon!
    Come, Armageddon! Come!
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

I think a few of them purposely look for spots in out of the way places where people are not going to be walking by and they have a few hours easy "witnessing "

• alanv
    alanv

It really is pathetic watching them. How on earth can they call it preaching, when they just stand chatting to each other, or playing on their phones?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Yes. But imagine all the 'experiences(tm)' they'll invent and talk about from the platform(tm).

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

I make no apologies for repeating the obvious - JW's are now so dumbed down by the cult's Looney Tunes videos that they now cannot hold a serious scriptural discussion with others.

When they realise that someone knows the Bible, the "emergency exit" excuse is, "I don't want to argue with you, so please check out JWdotBorg and it will answer all your questions."

I genuinely believe that countless JW's are unable to discuss their changing beliefs with folks.

• Ding
    Ding

If you try to engage them in conversation, they quickly refer you to the website.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit