Why are the Jehovah's Witness Tennis players allowed to "serve two master"?

by I_love_Jeff 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• I_love_Jeff
    I_love_Jeff

JW Broadcasting Sept 2019 issue Commentary

According to the JW in the Sept 2019 episode, the Ukrainian soccer player Andriy Nesmachniy (go to 1:04:14 in the video) "abandoned" his career for Jehovah???? He retired at 32 years old, the normal retirement age among soccer players. In other words, he did not want to breech his contract for Jehovah so he still played soccer and served two masters until RETIREMENT. So my question is this: Why are the William sisters (popular US Tennis players) still playing tennis and going to Kingdom Hall? "A Slave of two master"?????

• waton
    waton

The Williams brothers (quote from V. Putin) are having a ball, that's why.They have a superb 'serve'

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Williams are never baptized. Money is the rest of the oicture

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

There was a case of a witness, here in the local area, that was killed in a car accident, that was alcohol related. Because of this they didn’t allow the funeral service to be given in the KH. I had to fight the urge to tell the parents of the deceased that Bro Rodgers ( AKA Prince) had his memorial service in the KH with the full entourage of celeb mates. Oh, I really had to bite my lip.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

True. And he overdosed on meds that he deliberately obtained through questionable means.

*It's Brother Nelson, I think Rogers is the middle name.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"Don't have two different scales. You must not have one that weighs things heavier than they really are and another that weighs them lighter than they are." - Deuteronomy 25:13 NIRV

Nothing new here. In Jehovah's Organization, it's not what you are but 'who you are'. There have always been two classes...the in crowd and everyone else. A different set of judging criteria (scales) for one group over and against the other.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Joe....

A decision to have a KH memorial or not is purely a local thing. Up to the local BOE . Another Body may well have done it. The ' Shepherding' book used to say that even d/f'd ones may be memorialized if they were not notorious.

In my elder days I would probably have done it.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Aussie Rules (football) here in Victoria Australia is likened to a religion .We have a JW Alec Rance who plays for Richmond and is a very good footballer and gets praise from the media as one of the best in his field /position.

Some time ago while negotiations for a new contract was in the wings Alec tossed about whether he would give up football or go in the full time ministry as one of Jehovah`s Witnesses .

Needless to say football won out and he signed a lucrative deal with his club.Alec Rance at that time was in his twenties and an unbaptized publisher . And he is married .

Around about the same time a WT had come out advising sisters not to get involved with a view to marry a brother who by the age of twenty or thereabouts if they have not been baptized or become a ministerial servant at least.

Or words to that effect.

To my knowledge to this day he stands on a pedestal in the congregations ,though I stand to be corrected if this is not the case.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Why are Jehovah's Witness Tennis players allowed to "serve two masters"?

I think in the tennis world they refer to this as playing doubles. .

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Super-rich-slash-famous JWs will always get an easy pass.

For obvious reasons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit