the future for the borg

by pepperheart 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

It look very possible that the borg could lose their charity status in both the uk and oz if this happens the jw will not have all the tax breaks for the buildings that they have now.And that the headquarters will have to start finding extra money.And as they have done so much cost cutting anyway these past years i think they will have to start selling kingdom halls off.

• Alostpuppydog
    Alostpuppydog

That, and all the rape cases coming out. They don't have anywhere close to enough $$$ the Catholics have to pay off the rape cases I guarantee.

On a side note, I was studying several months ago and they noticed I had a few of their JW books and they immediately said I should really pay for them... For one, I have studied off and on years and have been on welfare since I was 13 and now I am finally off, but still living paycheck to paycheck working 40+ hours a week. And they drive up in their brand new Acutras and Chevrolets, Cadillacs, buicks, etc., scorning me... They must be struggling at the top.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

The way things are going I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they go totally on line. With a few major buildings in city centers, where the the R&F go to when they can.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

It look very possible that the borg could lose their charity status in both the uk and oz if this happens the jw will not have all the tax breaks for the buildings that they have now.And that the headquarters will have to start finding extra money.And as they have done so much cost cutting anyway these past years i think they will have to start selling kingdom halls off.

It doesn't look very possible, actually. IT IS HAPPENING. The WT has been in the real estate BUSINESS, for profit for some time now. Selling KHs is neither new nor something they haven't done.

The WT currently is in the business of real estate. Don't think so? Don't believe it? Here's the information:

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.
    Brooklyn Real Estate Office
    25 Columbia Heights
    Brooklyn, New York 11201
    (718) 560-5001 Phone
    (718) 560-5002 Fax
    [email protected]

They know very well that when it comes to their structure as a cult, having blind followers making big money for them, it is no longer as profitable as it was. So they got into the real estate business.

• LV101
    LV101

Are they successful enough as a real estate co. to survive all the lawsuits? If the contributions of followers in congregations have slowed down their wealth in property/member inheritances and investments should carry them -- it seems they'd never run out of money with all the handouts but hopefully they will.

God speed!

• Landy
    Landy
    hours ago
    It look very possible that the borg could lose their charity status in both the uk and oz

what's your source for that?

• iwasblind
    iwasblind

The persecution has arrived - head for the bunker :-)

• smiddy
    smiddy

I can understand the UK Charity status being under threat, However where is their any evidence that the Charity status is under threat in Australia ?

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Hold on, let me get some tissues..............

...............okay, let's continue....

Rolling laughterRolling laughterRolling laughterRolling laughter
  • maksutov
    maksutov

Their UK charity status is not under threat. They are under investigation, but losing their charitable status is not on the cards at all. The former lead investigator confirmed (in a phone call to Lloyd Evans, as reported by him) that they have neither the will nor the power to remove charitable status. The most they can do is replace trustees with those of their own choosing. They will undoubtedly put pressure on the org, and I am hopeful that there will be plenty of publicity, but the charity commission has no teeth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit