So.....Blended VS Single Malt

by ctrwtf 22 Replies latest jw friends

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Just wondering. For you Scotch lovers, I've been partial to singles for a long time, but was recently given a bottle of Johnnie Walker Green. I think I've fallen in love. The mouth feel and depth are amazing. And the price point for a 15 year old is pretty great. BTW, It's taken me 20 minutes to type this..........

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups
    I got some J W Black in my cabinet, thanks for the reminder. I like both equally, BTW.
  • Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

..." IT'S TAKEN ME TWENTY MINUTES TO TYPE THIS..."

We'll take your word for it...

About the scotch I mean!!!

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Blended Oh dear....

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Image result for 18 year old highland park.Image result for glass of 18 year old highland park scotch

• mrquik
    mrquik

Have been a Johnnie Walker Red drinker for 20 yrs. Have tried the other colors. Still prefer the Red.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

TOMATIN 12 year old single malt is a beautifully smooth and silky whisky. http://www.tomatin.com/

Another memorable one - but a wee bit more expensive - is the Ardbeg Corryvreckan. https://www.ardbeg.com/shop/ardbeg-corryvreckan.html

Both well worth trying!

• Onager
    Onager

I was extolling the virtues of a 12 year old Macallan to a friend of mine after dinner in a restaurant (and he was agreeing with me) when the waitress came over and said these exact words, which are burned into my memory forever:

"Oh, by the way, it turned out that we didn't have any Macallan's so I gave you Bells. I hope that's ok?"

Probably the most humiliating experience of my life. My wife laughed herself sick.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Single malt is the way to go. The experience is greatly enhanced with at least one or two drops of water as it opens out the whisky. Glenfiddich single malt is my favourite, the older the better. I'm up to 18 year old scotch and only one bottle per year.

I don't mind the Johnnie Walker Gold or Blue. I still have about 2 good nips left of my Blue. Haven't tried the King George V but couldn't justify the price.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I can only enjoy single malt if it is aged 18 years +.

I recently acquired a taste for Whistle Pig 12 which is a blended rye whiskey. Unfortunately it is around $100.00 a bottle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit