Does Politics Affect Your Entertainment Decisions and Choices?

by minimus 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

No. But I do tend to avoid (but not anything like a ‘boycott’) companies that have their ads interrupting what I’m watching on YouTube or that deliver physical or electronic unsolicited marketing.

People howling at the wind that they’re going to ‘boycott’ some global company because of xyz don’t seem to realise that the companies have usually already done the math.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

minimus:

I like Diet Coke

Ewww. Definitely prefer Coke over Pepsi, but aspartame tastes awful so it would be normal Pepsi over Diet Coke.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but I've noticed that for the last 5-6 months I can't tolerate watching any movie or TV show that has black people in it if it's based on the fact that they're black or if they continually feel the need to mention the fact that they are black rather than simply telling the story and assuming we are able to conclude that for ourselves. It sees as if someone out there is determined to keep us aware of race and keep us from ever simply seeing each other as people who are similar in more ways than we are dissimilar.

• minimus
    minimus

Jeffro, Diet Coke just tastes better

• LV101
    LV101

Coke is the nectar of the gawds but I only allow myself a couple of sippy-poos - not good for you. I have noticed it tasting flat and assumed it was old stuff Walmart was selling and pick up at speedy 7-11 where they turn it fast.

minimus - Diet Coke is like guzzling liquid crack/lol! I know so many people addicted to it. They've drank it for yrs. -- can't give it up and they're still kickin'.

• minimus
    minimus

I used to drink a 2 liter once every 2 days of Diet Coke. Now I might drink a 2 liter once a week in total. Thankfully I drink tons of water.

• Steel
    Steel

I can't watch Tom Cruise movies anymore knowing how fooked up that Scientology nonsense is.

I can't handle Ted Nugget music knowing how much of a chicken hawk coward he is.

I can't listen to Aerosmith knowing Steven Tyler was in the room of an abortion of a girl he got pregnant. She as 24 weeks along. It literally came out as a dead baby and he said " Oh look , it was a boy ".

• scary21
    scary21

I boycott nothing. If I like it, I like it. I AM inclinded to buy products like my pillow or Guya if I feel they are getting the shaft.

A company like Chick Fil A has been boycotted by both sides. Wow , that poor company. I love their Chicken sandwich but the Chick Fil A sauce makes it for me. It's all about the condiments .

I too noticed that a lot of the time Coke tastes stale. When My friend picks one up at the small frig by the checkout it tastes good but I now perfer Pepsi . After years of coke. Minimus I too need to cut back on soda or as we say in Michigan POP. lol

• Jazzbo
    Jazzbo

Yes it does. There are products I will not buy, people I will not watch or listen to and establishments I will not enter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit