JWS, The GB and Conglomeration Of Various Beliefs

by HiddlesWife 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• HiddlesWife
    HiddlesWife

I was watching this particular You Tube video=> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUZdbZSpSqU

This above moved me to question: Did Russell (and maybe including, Rutherford, GB1.0/2.0) research plus take bits and pieces from other religions/belief systems, preaching that events like these are leading mankind to "end of the world" and combine those together for the JW R&F to believe? (I hope some of posters/members understand what I am asking.)

• steve2
    steve2

Russell was an inveterate magpie, stealing ideas from all over the place, including from the pyramids of Egypt.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

The Hindu saviour riding the white horse and the trinity of God's is very interesting. Russell definitely plagerized from John Aquinus ideas ( think that's how you spell it) The bible in general has it's influences too, Hinduism and Zoroastrianism for example.

• Ireneus
    Ireneus

That means no religion can claim that they are the chosen ones and others are pagan.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Barbour and Miller with their religious ideas were two men that had a profound influence in formulating C.T.Russell`s own ideas about the religion he formed the "International Bible Student`s Association" and not the "Jehovah`s Witness" religion that J.F.Rutherford formed .

Joseph F.Rutherford poached the members of the I.B.S.A.away to form the J.W.religion, and isn`t that where most of the members of the J.W.religion come from ,that is being poached away from other existing christian religions ?

In their heyday/glory day`s of growth ,by far the majority of conversions to the J.W.religion came from Christendoms religions ,Roman Catholic ,Church of England ,and other protestant churches .

Very,very,very few conversions were ever made from non christian religions .

In fact Jehovah`s Witnesses to this day have made little to no impact in "witnessing" in Asian ,and Islamic countries that covers about a third of the worlds population .

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

What smiddy said.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Ireneus...

Yup.

In fact, go back far enough, and pretty much everything has "pagan" origins.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

When you mix mythology, fairy tales, and bull shit together, what do you get?

A religion!

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit