An 11-year-old boy is in custody for murder for shooting and killing an eight-year-old neighbour girl with a shotgun . . .

by nicolaou 73 Replies latest social current

• cappytan
    cappytan
    I take your point about the criminal element Duggan typifies LUHE but the difference in the UK is that society isn't saturated with weapons to the point where anyone with the smallest grievance can start shooting.

I agree with this assessment.

Unfortunately, the level of firearm proliferation of in the U.S. would render any kind of sweeping ban on possession unenforceable. Sales would be easier to enforce. But, as I mentioned, the vast majority of privately owned firearms in the U.S. are not registered. Constitutionally, a police officer would have to have probable cause or a warrant to go into a home and search it for firearms.

Criminals and unstable crazies that have guns would still have their guns after the ban and you wouldn't know about their guns until after they've done something grave with them.

• blondie
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

cappytan - "Criminals and unstable crazies that have guns would still have their guns after the ban and you wouldn't know about their guns until after they've done something grave with them."

Sure they would.

But not all criminals and unstable crazies currently have guns, and if their future access to guns were more limited, then the odds of them doing anything grave with guns in the future would be considerably reduced.

The fact of the matter is, the more guns you have available to the public (legal or otherwise), the greater the risk of criminals and unstable crazies using them to kill people.

It's not rocket science.

• done4good
    done4good

Vidiot - It's not rocket science.

No, it isn't. Its probability theory and considered a basic mathematical requirement in any engineering or scientific area of profession or study. Even a well designed gun cannot be engineered without it.

It is no coincidence either that the same people that tend to be anti-education are also the same ones that tend to be the most pro-gun.

d4g

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit