An 11-year-old boy is in custody for murder for shooting and killing an eight-year-old neighbour girl with a shotgun . . .

by nicolaou 73 Replies latest social current

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

. . because she would not show him her puppies.

Nobody has to tell you what country this happened in, you already know.

Source

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

American nutty gun culture! Welcome to America!!!

SL

• sir82
    sir82
    The NRA is quickly typing up a press release proclaiming the rights of 8 year old children to arm themselves to shoot back at the 11 year olds who might shoot at them,.
  • besty
    besty

what a tragedy

1 gun per head just ain't doing it these days...mericuh needz mo guns...

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, that girl was obviously unpatriotic for not having a gun. She should have claimed her 2nd amendment rights.

The thing that the "arm all teachers" lobby always seem to forget is, well, actual DETAIL.

It's one thing saying to have a gun. But of course having a gun in itself means more people will be shot - an indisputable fact. Presumably the gun has to be accessible very quickly to be of any use (no point having to run off to find a key to a gun safe) so how many kids would be shot in classrooms? One is too many. Just the number of accidental shootings would be high, never mind the cases like this where kids get hold of guns and seem to know how to kill. What the hell is wrong with them?! (both the kids and the families that leave loaded firearms for kids to use!)

If the NRA had their way then school shooters wouldn't even need to take a gun to school - there will be plenty accessible in any classroom or for any kid to pickup and use. Yeah, train a future generation of shooters.

It's insanity and the cause is blindingly obvious even to people with Trump-quota brains:

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Absolutely tragic ... and something that could be avoided in future.

I don't have the full facts to hand - of this specific case and American gun laws - but I hope that America can sort this out so that tragedies like this aren't repeated.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    Good bar chart Simon. Those data show just how serious America's situation is ...
  • Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

The solution for a bad child with a gun, is a good child with a gun.

NRA & Gun Manufacturing Co.

• Simon
    Simon

It's high time that gun owners and gun manufacturers can be sued for the wrongful deaths they cause.

Maybe things are reaching a tipping point where a forward looking politician can tap into the growing sentiment and enact some change?

I don't hold out much hope though ... the parents of one of the recent mass shooting victims were on TV claiming last night repeating the mantra that it's all about mental health and nothing to do with guns. Unbelievable.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    I hope that America can sort this out so that tragedies like this aren't repeated.

They will be. I take no pleasure in saying that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit