What will you do?

by Defianttruth 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Defianttruth
    Defianttruth

I've been thinking, "What if it does fail and there is a mass exodus?"

I have been wronged and damaged greatly by these ones. Every one needs to handle this situation in his or her own way, but as for me if it does happen, I will meet them with open arms. I will helpin any way possible. I couldn't live with myself if I met evil with evil.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Do you mean if a load leave the watchtower corporation?

I don't expect to see a mass exodus...just dribs and drabs.

It's good to help anyone in need that deserves help.

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    I agree. Matching unkind words and actions for unkind words and actions only perpetuates the bad actions. I will help and assist any who leave regardless as to how they treated me. Kind words and actions, especially in the face of unkindness, always leaves a lasting impression.
  • Magnum
    Magnum

I don't know. While I believe myself to be kind-hearted and forgiving and desirous of helping others, I also believe strongly in justice.

I'll have to think about your question some more, but right now my feeling is that it depends on the individual person. Some I would forgive; others, I'd love to rub their noses in it and make them inhale deeply and suck it down to their toes.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

What will be difficult is determining who you can trust of those who appear to be making an exit.

If someone "leaves" they most likely will just "fade" unless they have the need to burn the bridge. Is that person a fader who is really "done" with the WTS? Or is that person simply a discouraged JW who will go postal on you if you dare mention anything negative of the WTS?

Doc

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

It would depend. Some act the way they act because the teachings fit the person they already were. Others, were indoctrinated into being judgmental and would change if they realized what has happened to them.

Obviously everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt.

• sir82
    sir82

It's fun to think of a large-scale "mass exodus", but it will almost certainly never happen.

The WTS will fade into oblivion with a whimper, not a bang, over the course of many decades.

• Defianttruth
    Defianttruth
    I don't believe a mass exodus is in the works. I was asking a hypothetical question. I do believe this will wake some up. My personal beliefs are I would rather error on the side of kindness.
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

How many organized off-shoots of Armstrong's "Church of God", remain? Not many I would think. They had a very large following, and a very large, very public, COLLAPSE into oblivion.

Never say Never. (Unless you are Romeo Void, cause that's pretty catchy)

• Zoos
    Zoos

I would have an easier time helping former friends and acquaintances than I would ANY family member. The whole experience was very damaging, yes, but what I went through at the hands of family was beyond traumatic.

I think the best I could do with them is be in a place where I wished them no harm. I have dealt with it, moved on and I am not going to allow anyone to take me for a stroll down that memory lane again.

One of you nice folks will have to tend to my old family members.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit