How will many JW's react ?

by Phizzy 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    There are enough rumors to suggest something is taking place. It probably won't be as significant or clear cut as some have speculated. But it will be interesting.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Against my better judgement, I attempted to put a thought in my JW wife's head about this upcoming announcement. I deliberately used words that would stick as a reason, no matter the spin that she hears. I said that my Witness friends on the internet say that there is such a huge money problem with all the pedophile lawsuits that even the money they took away from all the congregations worldwide didn't seem to be enough and that they were at least temporarily halting all Kingdom Hall construction, sending home another thousand or more Bethel workers, and reducing the production of magazines again to half of what they are now.

All she could say was, "Where are your friends getting this information?" It was clearly an implication that this was coming from apostates. When she hears the true news, she will tend to remember what I said. I think that many many will start smelling the dead rat.

Their only saving of themselves was that previous "Obey, even if it doesn't seem logical or sound" or whatever. Some will simply cling to that no matter what and blame Satan and the world. But many will know that Jehovah doesn't seem to be blessing their organization's efforts.

• SuziDrums
    SuziDrums

Pay no attention to the little men behind the curtain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyCCJ6B2WE

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

But many will know that Jehovah doesn't seem to be blessing their organization's efforts.

I do believe that this thought is the very "seed" that we need to help plant in the mind of every JW that we know.

Remember Russell's comment about the time if ever the funds would "dry up". Remember the gold that was donated when Jehovah blessed Solomon's building of the Temple. Where is the evidence of Jehovah's Blessing them now?

Doc

• tornapart
    tornapart
    I wasn't going to say anything to my elder husband about this until it seemed official but it came out... from him. We had the CO visit and he worked with him on the FS at the weekend. The CO told him about it. I'm going to wait to see what else happens to find out what the effect is on my husband. I think from the way he is that this will affect him quite a lot.
  • username
    username
    There are far to many people who put their faith in Cedars when its not justified in any way. I would love to see the Watch Tower fall on its face but it's not gonna happen any time soon, they currently have 80,000 properties in their real estate portfolio, not to mention the shares in some of the most profitable companies on planet earth. My guess is it's another ruse to somehow get out of having to pay millions out in litigations.
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    If I was a witness I wouldn't be tooo concerned
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My guess is it's another ruse to somehow get out of having to pay millions out in litigations.

This is why the R&F must obey them implicitly even if it doesn't seem reasonable by human standards.

Listen, Obey, and STFU!

Doc

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I promise you if this is some underhanded plan to get out of abuse law suites, this will finish them off quicker than if they did pay up.
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Well I keep seeing more and more of this construction halt on pro-JW sites. Someone even said there will be another letter speaking about that after the annual meeting. We shall wait and see. I seriously doubt they will announce such set back to all JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit