Is this plausible?

by JNS2 18 Replies latest jw friends

• JNS2
    JNS2

I assume a high percentage of those that post & read posts here are either still Witnesses, disfellowshipped, disassociated, or just drifted away from the organization. I am the latter. I'm sure many of us remember well the beliefs of the WTS about the scenario leading up to Armageddon & I wonder how many of us still think about that kind of thing. I recall the idea that there would be a declaration of peace & security & every time I hear a political leader or UN leader use terms like that my ears perk up. Those expressions have really been in the news a lot lately & escalating exponentially it seems. I also recall the idea that when the "declaration" is made, it would be a hollow one, or a false one. Peace & security would be declared, but in actuality it would not be the case.

My point in posting this is my thought that if this war goes on & the coalition forces manage to subdue Iraq & get rid of Saddam, it would be a great time to declare that peace & security would have been secured. Wouldn't this very well fit the way the WTS has been saying it would take place?

I'm not saying I think this is what I believe any more, but it does cause me to wonder. I've seen in posts before the idea "what if they're right?". How is anybody feeling about this now? If this has been covered lately, I apologize. I've not been able to keep up with ther board lately, but I really want to know if anybody's confidence in leaving has been affected. I spoke with a friend recently who is still "in" all the way. He told me that in the latest figures, there was a percentage of growth in the US numbers. Is this a reaction to 9/11 & other world events? Just wondering.....jns2

• Valis
    Valis

Just because Saddam and his creeps go away by no means signals "peace and security"...there are lots of bad people in the world, with many of them residing in our own country even. There will be no peace and security on earth until we kill off the entire human race or an asteroid beats us to it...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

A person's reaction to world events in the light of JW doctrine is directly proportional to their degree of deprogramming.

A person may have drifted away or left for many different reasons. Some persons just aren't inclined toward the JW lifestyle. Some persons get pulled into new relationships. Some persons are ticked off because of specific events or persons. Some persons leave after thoroughly debunking the logic of the organization.

Whatever your reason, unless you take the time to research their false prophecies, false assumptions, faulty logic, poor science, selective reporting, misquotations, and other failures, you may still harbor some deep rooted belief in their doctrines - particularly if you were raised in it and have had it inculcated in you since birth.

For myself personally, I have no qualms about being out while scary events take place on the earth. My research has proven to me that whatever happens, the JWs are irrelevant. They can spin perception to their favor all they want, but they just don't matter.

• JH
    JH

1986 was called the year of peace, but nothing happened.

My point in posting this is my thought that if this war goes on & the coalition forces manage to subdue Iraq & get rid of Saddam, it would be a great time to declare that peace & security

There were many times when peace and security could have been called. When WW1 ended, WW2 ended, when the soviet union collapsed.

But if you also listen to the WatchTower Society, they talked about a King of the North. Where is that King now?

So before they say peace and security, they need a king of the north, if you follow their reasoning.

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

I posted a topic very similar to this as it concerned me aswell, one other thing that would have to happen I believe is that religion would have to be banned. Also I think something happens with the kings or north and king of south, i.e another world power comes up.....not sure on that one though.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

The following countries are experiencing warfare conditions, are involved in warfare in another location, or are experiencing armed uprisings.

Afghanistan, Algeria Angola, Burundi, Chad, Chechnya, Columbia, Dem. Rep of the Congo, Congo Brazzaville, Cote D'Ivoire, Ethiopia, Guinea, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Israel, Kuwait, Liberia, Mexico, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestine, The Phillipines, Rwanda, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Turkey, Uganda, United States, United Kingdom

a lot of peace would have to break out to make anyone really believe and end to Saddam would mean peace and security.

• amen
    amen

I do not worry about any word of peace and security in fact I hardly watch the news these days except that i get my news from cnn.com one in a while. Even though I do care of what's going on in the world. If you consider yourself a cristian, think that a cristian is a person who is waiting for his master Christ to return. Upon his return he will take all cristian s or who have faith in him (not like what the WT says) to be with him, and after that it is armageddon like the witnesses say. Do you want to be around when that come. Not me, I want to be with the lord. See in Zephaniah, all the inhabitant earth will go trough men and beast.

I do not want to debate on doctrines. For my self I think if the Lord comes I'm waiting for him, if he does not come in my life time, I'll see him after I die either case I'm in peace. Love God and Love your neighbors that's all that matters.

Amen

• undercover
    undercover

Everybody is so hung on this Iraq thing that nobody(civilian) is paying attention to this other little country that has threatened nuclear war: North Korea. The Iraq war is nothing compared to WWII or WWI or the Civil War or the Revolutionary War. It will be nothing compared to the trouble that North Korea possibly could present.

Countries have been warring for centuries. We happen to live in a country that has been fortunate to experience more peace than war in this generation. We(US citizens) don't know what war is. There have been people who have spent their whole life experiencing war. And because the country we live in now is fighting a war, we have the arrogance(or is it ignorance?) to think that this somehow is related to Bible prophesy? That our time period is somehow more important in the stream of time than any other? It's no different than the Gulf War or Vietnam or Korea or even the big wars. Nothing apocolyptic happened in connection with those wars, so why should it now.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    , but I really want to know if anybody's confidence in leaving has been affected.

The roots of belief can go deeper than we think. If events make us think like that , then the Borg still has a hook in us . If we think of Armageddon when a storm is brewing then we are just as much in their pocket as the six million dupes who report their time every month.

other posters made good points. Logically, you know it is all bul.......t. Just shake your head and re read all the reasons why you left .

Personally , I have never for one moment wobbled in my conviction that J W's are false, since that liberating moment when the penny dropped and I told myself "It is just not true."

• JNS2
    JNS2

Thanks for the comments. Some of the posts are that the defeat of Iraq would not mean that peace & security would really be acheived. That's not the point, it just seems that it would be a good time to make the FALSE declaration. I know there have been other good times to make a false declaration, but considering the timing & location, this would seem to be an optimal moment. I'm not questioning my reasons for leaving the organization, but the things happening in the world now seem naggingly familiar. Don't they?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit