Don't Try This at Home

by teenyuck 28 Replies latest jw friends

• wednesday
    wednesday

ok, a girl thing thread!!

One thing i would like to know, just betwen us ladies, is the shaving thing. I don't know what u want to call it, but a nurse i know calls it the 'woo woo'. My hubby wants me to shave, and I am opposed to this b/c it itches as it grows. I am afraid to use a creme remover, and waxing , well, i will not go to a salon for a bikini wax-although i quess that is what they do in Hollywood. any tips on this?

oh the pain of being born female.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    velcro rollers, be sure to count them before you leave the house.
    Stop before u get your bangs too shot, the cleopatra(sp?) look is not in

Hmmm....I have done both. I need to write a how NOT to manual.

Last time I trimmed my bangs, they kept getting shorter and shorter. I ended up with fringe.

On Valentine's Day we went out for dinner and had to wait for our table. Finally, a young woman walked up and said "Are you the _________ party? I was told to look for a woman who looked like CLEOPATRA!" Then she added "Bangs on you work..." This was said like she was confused.

I was mortified; my husband said I was beautiful and likes my bangs. I am on a new kick to grow them out. They are now to my eyebrows, so I am making progress.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Wednesday, I have only shaved....*there*...I am not into some stranger with hot wax coming at me. Going to the Gyno is bad enough....at least they don't yank your hair out!

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz
    One thing i would like to know, just betwen us ladies, is the shaving thing. I don't know what u want to call it, but a nurse i know calls it the 'woo woo'. My hubby wants me to shave, and I am opposed to this b/c it itches as it grows.

Hey Wednesday. I know I shouldnt post this but....... Use a fresh razor, change the blade often. More expensive razors actually do work better. I Actually like the Venus razor. The trick is not letting it grow out too much. Do it often, like very 2 days or so. Eventually, after like a week or two it will no longer itch.

Chevy of the 'knows some things should be kept private, but apparently I'm hell bent on revealing everything' class

• jgnat
    jgnat

Wednesday, thank you for asking , and CHEVY, thanks for the advice . The itching. Yes. And how do you scratch discreetly without looking like Michael Jackson on Speed?

• Brummie
    Brummie
    I looked like a giant penny was on my head

Hilarious!

Dont ask an old lady if she needs help with her bags across the busy road unless she looks real desperate, she might tell you to f*** off. Thats what happened to me a couple of years ago.

• moreisbetter
    moreisbetter

Wednesday,

uh hmm. *cough*. I wasn't sure if i wanted to answer this or not. but here goes. for the 1st time, it's very similar to shaving off a beard. trim with scissors as close as possible. then with every upkeep, scrub area with a loofah, for it helps with reduce bumps. proceed with shave cream and razor, preferrably triple bladed like a Venus. Take your time. rinse, pat dry. for best results and less irritation, dust very lightly with a medicated powder. Better yet, apply powder with cotton ball to it does not get in to delicate areas. It is best not to do the procedure immediately prior to dressing. Depending upon individual, upkeep may only be needed every other day or less.

Oh, yes, don't try hair removers. And waxing? well, it does last longer, but i would rather suffer temporary itch than that kind of pain!

hope this helps

• SheilaM
    SheilaM
    One thing i would like to know, just betwen us ladies, is the shaving thing. I don't know what u want to call it, but a nurse i know calls it the 'woo woo'. My hubby wants me to shave, and I am opposed to this b/c it itches

I keep shaved and I am so anal I shave everything once a day, that way I don't have to worry about the *itching* and Thunder gets to feel soft ummmm legs <snicker> He also shaves daily at night as I do I don't care if someone sees hairy legs but I do want Thunder to see nice legs <err and other stuff

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Man am I ever glad I got rid of my hair.

You girls, scare me!!

I bought a pair of clippers, and have been buzzing my head for a couple of years now. No need to dye or style.....I just mow the lawn on my head.

Rayzorblade of the 'follically challenged' class.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit