Don't Try This at Home

by teenyuck 28 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Please.....learn from my mistakes:

Don't highlight your hair at home with one of those new "kits" that offers hair color and highlighting.

My mistake: Not knowing how to highlight. When the damage was done, I looked like a giant penny was on my head....copper on the top, brown at the bottom.

$160.00 later, plus tip, for corrective color has taught me one thing: let the experts do it.

I now sport a lovely medium brown with carmel highlights. I tried to save $50.00 by doing it at home. It ended up costing $230.00 between home and salon.

My advice: Just Don't.

Don't wear a push up bra when playing golf. Your boobs will fall out when your drive off the tee and it is hard to put them back in.

This follows with: wear a sport bra....make them compact as possible. Easier to swing when they are not in the way.

Never look up at the sky during a rain storm when wearing regular mascara. You will regret it.

As I recall all the things I did over the last few days, I will inform. You can have a better life by not following my example!

• TR
    TR
    Don't wear a push up bra when playing golf. Your boobs will fall out when your drive off the tee and it is hard to put them back in.

Pics, please.

Don't make me get out my "wood".

TR

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

LOL @ TR....my husband brought out his

Couple of more:

Don't watch live bombing on TV, go to bed with the window open during a thunder storm..when the thunder rolled in last night I leaped out of bed....I thought a bomb hit

Then: don't answer phone the morning after the bombing when you see dub mother's phone # on caller ID....it took 45 minutes to convince her that armageddon was not happening.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

My, you lead an interesting life! I will definitely take your advice about the hair -- a friend of mine was raving about that new highlights/color thing and I could envision a real disaster if I tried to do it to myself. Kind of like what I looked like after Mom would give me a home permanent when I was young and foolish. Didn't know that about the push-up bra but will remember. And yes, Caller ID is your friend. No sense in paying for it if you don't make good use of it.

Love,

Nina

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Re: Don't Try This at Home

This follows with: wear a sport bra....make them compact as possible. Easier to swing when they are not in the way.

You play golf at home ? Foursome.... anyone ?

• email
    email

LOL @ Teenyuck!! you remind me of one of my oldest sisters... the weirdest most funniest things always happened to her...

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

I have responsibility to my friends on the board....if you think it might not work, e-mail me....I have probably tried and can tell you what not to do.

• wednesday
    wednesday

don't use corn and callous remover on a zit, it will not not only remove the zit,but a good deal of skin.

Stop before u get your bangs too shot, the cleopatra(sp?) look is not in

Once in the 8th grade, i was so determined to have a little waist, i wore a belt cinched under my jumper. it left red marks that tooks quite a while to go away, to say nothing of interfering with digestion.

The same with super tight jeans. If u have to lay down and wd-40 the zipper, they are too tight.

Be careful with the powder glitter if u are an "allergic " person. I once put it on and my face swelled. I was allergic to it.

teenyuck, my hair has been every color, including green. I have had to go to a corrective color salon a few times, so now, i let the professionals do it. It really is cheaper.

And btw, beware of swimming suits that are sheer . I once went to a swimming party and it was a tad chilly after i got out of the water, and well guess what was standing up for all to see? I could have died.

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    Stop before u get your bangs too shot, the cleopatra(sp?) look is not in

Been there, done that....I trimmed them about 8 weeks ago...they kept getting shorter as I tried to even them out.....not the most attractive look! I am now determined to grow them out (very difficult BTW,,,it is easier to lose weight!)

The same with super tight jeans. If u have to lay down and wd-40 the zipper, they are too tight

But that is the key!! Now I know.....I am going to try it.

I am glad I am not the only one who has done some of this stuff!

• Swan
    Swan

A co-worker started getting a tattoo on her hand a couple months ago. Before it was finished she found out that she was the one out of every 200 people who are allergic to the ink. Now she has to have it surgically removed and it will leave a big scar on her hand. She is fighting with her insurance company over whether or not it is really medically necessary or just a cosmetic procedure. I don't know if there's a test to see if you are the 1 out of 200 who has this allergy, but if there is such a test, take it before you get any tattoos.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit