A funny idea about dating in the paradise...

by JW_Rogue 29 Replies latest social humour

• HB
    HB

A question I have often wondered.....

(Please correct me if I'm missing some information, .... not having ever been a JW, I don't know all the teachings about paradise, but in a crazy sci-fi way it fascinates me as an imaginary concept.)

If everyone in paradise looks attractive and youthful and dating, relationships and having babies are a thing at least for some, how would a man know whether the girl that he had his eye on, with the cute face / attractive body / compatible personality was not say, his great, great, great, great, great, great grandmother?

Or, when paradise has been in existence for hundreds of thousands of years, how would a woman who was actually say 80,000 years old in our timescale, but still looks age 20, know that the guy she was interested in was not her great, great, (x however many) grandson or nephew?

Perhaps incest wouldn't matter any more as was apparently the case for Adam and Eve's offspring?

The whole idea of paradise is creepy and deeply unappealing to me, and reminds me of one of my favourite books written in 1932 by Aldous Huxley... 'Brave New World/'.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HB:

Good points! There is another thing that didn’t sound right to me: in the so-called paradise there would be those that can and those that can’t. What happens if one who can is attracted to one who can’t? Sounds like problems to me.

I always felt that the Witness idea of “paradise” was unrealistic and had alot of holes in it. And, yes, it does sound a little creepy.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Ten physical traits you won`t see in Paradise .

1.Sisters with huge boobs.

2.Brothers with beer belly`s

3.Sisters with huge Asses .

4.Brothers with huge Penis`s .

5.Obese people .

6.Anorexic people .

7.Men with beards .

8.Women with beards .

9.Any JW still claiming to be of the Anointed.

10. People with Jehovah`s Witness traits .

• TD
    TD
    Everyone is youthful, everyone is perfect, everyone's personality is loving and kind.

Does any of that exclude personal preference and perception?

Or is everybody going to look and think exactly alike too?

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Or is everybody going to look and think exactly alike too?

They will look, act, talk, and think exactly as they are told by those "princes" who hear the word of ToMoIII whispering in their ear. Or else it will be POOF another man done gone.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Lets say you meet a sister for first time and you tell her, I want you to be my wife. The sister tell you ,no way.You ask her why, I'am perfect so what is the problem. She tell you, you don't blow my hair back, you don't move me dude. You tell her again, but I'am perfect..She tell you there are brothers more perfect than you, you are not there yet. So you find out there are stages of perfection. What a wonderful paradise.

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

HB the answer to your question would be Matthew 22:23-30

23 On that day the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came and asked him: 24 “Teacher, Moses said: ‘If any man dies without having children, his brother must marry his wife and raise up offspring for his brother.’ 25 Now there were seven brothers with us. The first married and died, and having no offspring, he left his wife for his brother. 26 The same thing happened with the second and the third, through all seven. 27 Last of all, the woman died. 28 So in the resurrection, of the seven, whose wife will she be? For they all had her as a wife.”29 In reply Jesus said to them: “You are mistaken, because you know neither the Scriptures nor the power of God; 30 for in the resurrection neither do men marry nor are women given in marriage, but they are as angels in heaven.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

What could Jesus say, you remarry the first one..Can you imagine all 6 brothers sitting around comparing notes in the presence of the first husband. Man after you died we had a hell of time, we spent a lot of time in the bed. Third husband, I didn't realize she was a freak. Another thing this woman put 7 men in their grave, if after the third brother passed your butt need to marry outside of our family.

• Nambo
    Nambo

I like the notion of the Elder who studied with me, "maybe it will be a free-for-all", that would explain the no marriage thing. And why not, in this system children need the protection stability of a family, well we will all be one big family eh?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

IMO, any way you slice it, life in the WTS's New System wouldn't even bear a passing resemblance to a real paradise, relationship-wise or otherwise.

Realizing that while I was still in was a hugely depressing moment, i might add.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit