The Excuses JWs use for the child abuse mishandling issue...

by stuckinarut2 22 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• steve2
    steve2

JWs’ excuses for “mistakes” JW organization has made in failing to protect children from sexually abusive men are excuses ripe for onselling to the members of the churches of Christendom.

Patriarchal organisations are strong on defending men, weak on protecting women and children. JW organization provides ample proof it is no different.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

They claim that being in the Org is a "protection".

Not from Child Abuse, the vilest of Crimes, it is not

And why not ? Because the GB/Leadership has never instituted a proper, proactive programme of measures to protect children and the vulnerable, and still refuses to do so.

At least other Churches and Groups have done so, and are far far safer places than a Kingdom Hall.

They should be made to feel ashamed, don't let them get away with their excuses, I don't, I tell them the truth about their disgusting Org.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    I heard: Jehovah will clean up his organization. We already see serious changes. For instance, victims are now allowed to call the police. See, Jehovah is making his organization better. I know he will fix the remaining related issues in time.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Stephane - "I heard...'victims are now allowed to call the police'..."

"Allowed"?

Seriously? That's the word they actually used?

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Vidiot: "Allowed"? Seriously? That's the word they actually used?

Yes. Cause they know that prior to 2004, they were allowed. So he (the one that told me this) feels that the society is slowly changing for the best and that Jehovah is might even be using the courts to push these changes.

I know, backward logic. But that is all that is left when you absolutely want to believe that you have not waisted your life in an organization that did so much evil.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Stephane - "...he feels that the society is slowly changing for the best and that Jehovah is might even be using the courts to push these changes..."

To which I'd be sorely tempted to reply...

..."They why does the Organization seem to be resisting this with almost everything they've got?"

...or...

..."Didn't God use (His 'Chosen Nation') Isreal's pagan enemies to punish them when they got out of line?"

:smirk:

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It happens in all big organisations.

......as if that makes it ok!! Fools!!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    punkofnice - "...as if that makes it ok!! Fools!!"

Of course it's foolish.

It's also patently false.

You'll be hard-pressed to find it in organizations that embrace transparency and egalitarianism...

...but...

...it's virtually endemic in organizations that are secretive and authoritarian.

Which says a lot about secretive and authoritarian organizations, IMO.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

What annoys me and I just can’t get my father to see it. Is couldn’t the Catholic Church have said the same thing when watchtower was only to prepared to slam them.

• steve2
    steve2

I understand the latest directive from the organization to elders is that parents can report the allegations to police. Notice it doesn’t say elders should encourage parents to report it or tell them to do so.

Some people have argued that surely a parent’s natural response is to go straight to police. Yes - but when you’re under the influence of religious control, you will be well aware of the need to not run ahead of Jehovah. And as surprising as it may seem even nowadays parents do not automatically think of going to police. Thay’s why JW organization is still failing. The number one priority for elders is to call the branch office - not to direct parents to report to the police because it is an allegation of a crime.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit