The Excuses JWs use for the child abuse mishandling issue...

by stuckinarut2 22 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I have noticed a pattern of regurgitated excuses and justifications used by the average JW if the topic of child abuse gets raised:

"Oh but Jehovah's organization is setting the lead in how to handle this issue"

"Why are you getting so hung up on this one issue? Were you abused?"

"It is all apostate driven lies"

"you just seem to be using this topic as an excuse to be inactive"

"Just because one issue may have existed, doesnt mean this is not The Truth"

Have you heard any other mind numbing retorts?

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

"STOP FOCUSING ON THE NEGATIVE!"

I told them maybe we should do the same when recognizing the fruits of Christendom.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

"Bob" on JWTalk refers to them as "alleged victims".

Bob, as you've might have guessed, is a c^nt.

• carla
    carla

"Were you abused?"-

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Paleemperor: ..."alleged victims"

Would that be like the "alleged Guardians of Doctrine"

"alleged" governing body

Jehovah's "alleged" organization

And of course...the "alleged" Truth

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

When I was asked if I was upset over this "issue" because I may have been abused, I replied that "no, I personally have not been hurt"

The brother then said to me "so if you haven't been abused, why are you so hung up on this topic?"

I couldn't believe how he, a father of three young kids, couldn't see how awful and self-centered his response was!

• mentalclarity
    mentalclarity

The organization is made of imperfect humans. We need to focus on our own service and relationship with jah.

That's the response from my family anyways.

The thing that really irritates me (besides these horrible crimes themselves) is that for years witnesses really berated the catholics and other churches for their gross misconduct and how it showed that they (JWs) were superior. Why weren't the other churches made up of imperfect humans trying their best to serve god? I honestly cannot understand how people can stomach so much bullshit.

I also don't think JWs in general realize the extent of the child abuse. They think it's some isolated incident here or there and don't realize how the policies do nothing to protect kids in congregations at all. I really feel they haven't connected the dots here because most witnesses I know are super protective of their kids.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    mentalclarity - "I honestly cannot understand how people can stomach so much bullshit."

Well, when it's all you've been fed... :smirk:

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@pale.emperor: "Bob, as you've might have guessed, is a c^nt."

Watch your mouth. That's "ALLEGED c*nt" to you, sir.

• carla
    carla

stuckinarut2, that is the response I get whenever I have brought up the topic. My jw would at times insist I was molested as a child because I feel so strongly about the subject. I am a mother as well as a human being, can I not show empathy and compassion for those who have suffered?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit