A Sense Of Well-Being.

by Englishman 13 Replies latest jw friends

• manon
    manon

1. Do you have a sense of well being?

Yes, most of the time.

2. How would you describe a feeling of well being?

I would descibe it as mental and physical serenity.

3. Do JW's ever have a true sense of well being?

I believe not because they concentrate on the tomorrow as opposed to claiming the here and now.

4. What if anything is required to give a person a sense of well being?

In my opinion acceptance of what is within my reach and relinquishing those things that are beyond my control. That allows me a place where peace and a sense of balance can exsist.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Greetings Englishman.

Sense of well-being.

For me, it's when there's an unquestionable sense of contentment: happy with work, good home/place of residence, good friends/family, good health/mind, freedom...just to name but a few.

Well-being, also becomes more cognizant as one grows older. With a wealth of years behind oneself,as well as living experience, attaining this state of well-being, becomes more apparent and long lasting, if not permanent.

My 2 cents worth Canadian.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Interesting questions.

Do you have a sense of well-being?

Yep. Since my father in law died, I've become much aware of life. I'm glad to be alive and I appreciate the gifts life has to offer. It took until middle age to understand who and what I am, but now that I know, I feel at peace with myself.

How would you describe a feeling of well-being?

Recognition of who you are and what you are here to do in this life. To know where you fit in, in this world.

Do JW's ever have a true sense of well-being?

That’s subjective, isn’t it? Certainly some Witnesses actually believe all the teachings, and they were certainly derive a sense of well-being from knowing their place in the world as they understand it. Is it “true”? I don’t believe so, but if they do and it works for them then they would certainly feel a sense of well being. The question is how could it ever work for them? I don’t know how, but I am willing to accept the idea that there must be some individuals that it does.

What -if anything - is required to give a person a sense of well-being?

You’ve got to figure out yourself before you can figure out the world. Know who and what you are, and where you’re going with this life, and then you can begin to find your own well-being.

Just my thought.

• Xena
    Xena
    Do you have a sense of well-being?

Most of the time.

How would you describe a feeling of well-being?

An inner peace....being centered...

Do JW's ever have a true sense of well-being?

Well I can't answer for ALL JW's just for myself when I was one....but no I didn't...I was anxious and depressed most of the time. lol guilt tends to screw with your well-being quite a bit I do believe!

What -if anything - is required to give a person a sense of well-being?

hhhmmm interesting question...a feeling that you have done the best you can...you are the best you can be. It may not made you the most popular or the most successful or the most anything for that matter...but you have the security of knowing you are comfortable with who you are and where you are at.

I will put my two pennyworth in later.

uuummm ok minimus...I mean Englishman

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit