Bush Demonized, No Matter What

by DakotaRed 20 Replies latest social current

• berten
    berten

Dakotawhine wasted some more bandwith:

>For you protestor/terrorists that wish to block the intersection I drive through, better think twice.

>Protest and make your argument, but stay the hell out of my way.

Or what?

>Berten, thank you for showing me how well you articulate insults. It seems to be what the left is best at.

I'm not a leftie and I am not a rightie (?), but that is most probably far too hard for you to comprehend.

Insults or not,who is lumping the protesters and terrorists on one heap?

You just did it again !

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Jelly-

If my other post disturbed you so much, what about Trama's? You see any personal attacks in that post? Terry

I know what you are talking about here...which was in a different thread all together. First off I never said I was "disturbed" by your post. I was merely pointing out you didn't have to sink someones name calling level. You're better than that.

Second, I don't agree with Trauma's tactics to discuss war. I hate personal attacks. And when I see anyone use them, who is "on my side", I cringe and feel disapointed that the meaty main points are now ignored. Anyone who uses personal attacks who is "not on my side" automatically makes everything else they say less credible, in my mind. As a result there aren't many posters here I can applaud on either side.

In answer to your questions...I was part of a *ahem* very small campus movement during the Clinton term. However, as I said in my orginal post, people were not too concerned about world politics and more worried about the moral dilemma posed by Marylin Manson and violent video games. Anything we said or organized was quickly dismissed. You must admit we were living in a different world then.

Yes I am against all wars.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Jelly Joana let's get something straight, the pro-war crowd started the insults, or did you completely miss Lucky Stupids posts? Or Dakota for that matter, he's insulted me and the anti-war crowds several times, so he aint no angel.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    who in the world gives the US the right to take out the leader of a foreign country?

I have said that so many times, I'm hoarse. The repurcussions of this are too frightening for me.

Maybe Hussein will be killed, and his regime taken out...........a new government, the people liberated, but it is changing our world, here in the U.S. a little too much for my comfort level.

My brother is very active in the anti-war marching, and he is 63 years old (much older than me ). If I thought it would do any good, I'd join him.

I've always known there would be a war............since long before Bush was elected, ......... that if he was elected it would happen. I must be a prophet.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    Or Dakota for that matter, he's insulted me and the anti-war crows several times, so he aint no angel.

Show me where I've ever insulted an anti-war crow! I don't even insult a farm crow.

Now, you may let loose with calling me all kinds of an idiot. Or, send my girlfriend another IM threatening to kick my face in.

• DJ
    DJ

Logical,

I suppose that you are right in a sense. Since Bush is a Christian, if you read Romans 13 w/o wt glasses you would see that God has appointed governments to deal with murderers, etc.

Osama, Saddam whomever........it doesn't matter if they live across the ocean. Murderers are murderers and are subject to punishment.

• DJ
    DJ

I meant to say, REALIST not logical, sorry. How do you edit with now?

• Gopher
    Gopher

War and conflict create a lot of complexities. And as a result, perhaps it's human nature, there's a lot of grandstanding on both sides, and over-simplification and rationalization against what the opposing side has to say.

I just hate it when lies are thrown in, like Michael Moore's "majority of Americans are against Bush" nonsense. One-third does not constitute a majority.

Yes perhaps Bush should have waited a few more months so as not to have alienated the world community. He's taking a big gamble from what I can tell. (But what do I know....?)

So what's more moral -- to take out the leaders / decision makers who torture and mistreat their own people, or to try to fight a prolonged war against thousands of young soldiers who have little choice but to fight for the country of their birth? Saddam Hussein rules through fear, he's a ruthless dictator.

Does that give the world's superpower the right to take them out? Some say no if it's the USA but yes if it's the UN. To me it doesn't matter, just as long as the dictator is taken out.

Is America an imperialist and colonial nation for doing this? I haven't seen America lust for the land of its vanquished enemies. Indeed after WW2 America helped rebuild Japan and Germany into economic superpowers. So for the Iraqi leaders to accuse America of imperialism and colonialism is disingenuous at best, just more propaganda to stuff into the ears of their poor people.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

LOL, which part of Homeland Security don't you understand, they title itself is very disturbing, didn't Nazi Germany call Germany the Fatherland? Why do we need to be reminded that this is our Homeland, unless we're trying to invade countries.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

When we dance the dance of being a free human, no matter who we are, in all probability, we will "step on someone's toes" some time some place. The more freely we move about, the more toes there are around to step on if we aren't careful--even our own partners.

If we like to dance, we may find ourselves attempting to dance to the beat of something unfamililiar, or we will decide set the dance out..or we may not dance at all. If we learn to dance with grace, and we practice, we can move about and not purposely hurt anyone, people will want to dance with us because we know what we're doing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit