Were Conventions, Asemblies and the Memorials boring to you?

by HereIgo 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif

Punk, I agree with your last statement. This is exactly how I feel. I'm swaying ATM between trying to fill an enormous emptiness or hoping I develope a terminal illness. I'm too much of a coward to take my own life.

I'm pathetic.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Je.suis - I don't want to go just yet because I know there's nothing after this life. I want to suck every last morscel of enjoyment out of it before I go, which I will, into eternal oblivion. Not even aware I ever lived. Not knowing what happens to my family of friends. The thought of death is extremely unpleasant to me. I just feel like I wasted what could have been productive and beneficial years and now it's too late.

It isn't cowardly to keep living. It's a case of making the most of it before those criminals Trump or Clinton destroys us all in a war....which I do not rule out...they're both mental enough to do it.

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif

Cheers mate. Thanks for the clarification, it has helped.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Je.suis - Any time you want to PM me or join me on FB or something, let me know.

Life is so fragile and very much to be savoured before we go into oblivion.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The assemblies and conventions were pretty hard slog even when I was a believer. After I found out TTATT, they were torture.

And I'm speaking about the 9.00 to 5.30 ones.

I can't imagine what the 9.00 to 8.00pm ones were like.

• someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX
    someDUDEinAsmallCubicalSomewhereOverTheRAINBOX

Talks and parts - Yes.

Scantily cladded hot young girls - No (When I was the appropriate age)

• Londo111
    Londo111
    Most JWs find all of this boring.
  • pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

They were all boring. I can honestly say i've only ever listened to about 9 talks with 100% attention in my 31 years as a Jdub. And that was from a few CO's that i thought were really good speakers.

Conventions were boring as hell but, to be honest, my pals and I went with the intention to meet girls.

Memorial was boring and only ever exciting when someone decided this year that they were anointed. Would they do it again next year? Or if a born again turned up and partook.

Watchtower study was boring and was a great cure for insomnia if you were pre-studying at home at night.

All in all, what could have been interesting subjects or ideas were presented in very boring ways by people with no real training in public speaking. Our elders consisted of a bus driver, two gardeners, a window washer and a part time office stationery monitor. The only one with any real education was one that taught blind kids to read braille (and fair play to him for that - credit where credit's due).

• punkofnice
  • FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Really? by the looks of all the people preaching in the area where I live, the advise seems to have been "walk as slowly as possible" It's hard to tell if they are walking or just standing.

This nu-lite just released. Brothers and sisters are now going to be required to carry bags of popped popcorn with them from door to door. This will serve two useful purposes. First they will be able to see if they are in fact even moving, and second at the end of the block it will help those nit-wits find their way back to the vehicle so they can hit up the coffee shop for doughnuts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit