KON distraction.

by I Faded Twice 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

There are alot of posts about the King of the North announcements. This is all hocus pokus bull shit. It's not about king of the north. It's all a distraction in my opinion to get people away from the CSA lawsuits.

The question I have is. Is it working?

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

You could talk about go bags and divert their attention away from the child sex abuse problem.

Cognitive dissonance.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

I think you are on the money FT.

• steve2
    steve2

I would be more interested in this kind of royal speculation if Daniel had written about the Queen of the North. Go girl: Trample them nations!

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

The r&f have eagerly awaiting some morsel from the "not so great 8" to validate their hope that the end is near. Just regurgitated crap.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

How many times do the Governing Body of JW`s have to Cry Wolf before the average Jehovah`s Witness wakes up ?

• sir82
    sir82

Maybe not so much a "distraction" as "another in a long line of increasingly futile attempts to drum up enthusiasm among the R&F".

The idea being, "hey, if they've identified the KON again, the GT must be really close!"

Regarding the lawsuits, well, the news about that comes from the "Satanic" media. There was a WT article a couple of weeks ago about how the only news source you can really trust is JW.Borg.

JW.Borg didn't report on the lawsuits. "So who you gonna believe - us, or Satan?"

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

There was a WT article a couple of weeks ago about how the only news source you can really trust is JW.Borg.

You know, I was in for a very long time, even while browsing apostate sites for about 8 years, so I am in no position to judge JW that are still in and remain in. But I gotta say: I really don't understand how they could accept this.

I mean, there are news about them being brought to court on several occasions across the planet and JW Broadcasting/News is entirely silent on that. They don't provide their side of the story to anything, even the cases that have been won/lost/settled.

So, how are they supposed to use JW.org for news on such important matters when there is none at all??

Don't they understand that they are so wrong about all this that they are unabled to give it a positive spin? How can you compare news sources when your organisation is silent on these? This is not about keeping informed with the right sources, this is about not being informed at all!

• sir82
    sir82

This is not about keeping informed with the right sources, this is about not being informed at all!

No offense, but, well, DUH!

The WTS, by leaps and bounds, wants its adherents to not be informed.

JWs are conditioned to accept that any & all negative reports about the WTS are based on misinformation at best, but more likely a result of direct Satanic attack. JWs are taught that all negative reports are, by definition, false.

A parallel recent theme to this "all negative reports are lies" stuff is that "Jesus didn't spend his time defending himself against slander, so neither should we".

So, when those "false" negative news reports come out, and JW.Borg does not comment on them, well, they're just being "Christlike" in ignoring them.

These guys are morons, but they are uncannily sharp in deflecting criticism of themselves.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

IFT

You are quite right. Interpretations of Bible texts are totally idiocy. The Bible itself have during almost 2000 years proved itself to be unreliable, stupid and untrue. Why are we still stucked with old texts that only shows ancient sagas? We could easily chose The Gilgamesh epos or some Hindu Sagas and made them holy instead..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit