If you could speak to your former self, what would you say?

by LoveUniHateExams 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• just fine
    just fine

Just go - leave the JWs- it's all going to be alright - you will figure it out. Just go.....

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Right before I get baptized, I would say to myself:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S A TRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S ALL A LIE!!!!!!!!!!! NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! STOP!!!!!!!!!!!

Splash

• lrkr
    lrkr

This one's easy, "talk to your brother. Take care of him. He really needs his family."

Better late than never

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

I would go back to my 16-year-old self. I would tell myself to not get baptized, instead, focus on getting good grades at school, get a job immediately like at McDonald's or Tim's, stick with that job all the way through high school, keep up with your French, take a year off after graduating and work full time to build up some money, then move to the capital for college, finish college in 2-years and get your federal job. Do not get baptized, do not pioneer, do not go to bethel.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

I 'd say in as simple terms as possible:"Hey stupid lets not take this Sky God Boogie Man thing too seriously he's got some deep destructive issues."

My former self would not listen to reason after just 2 months of indoctrination. But if I could have said some words of wisdom to my former say 2 weeks after being love bombed I might have responded, but later than that is a big gray region,, I'd say in about a year my mind was totally in la la land singing the: listen to the good news from the Watchtower tune and felt cowarded by this ego maniac god in to worshiping him to avoid death threats on my life. It effected me deeply as I pretended to be happy with WT corporation goals as God's Earthly Organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit