Weird love letter in the summer convention

by purrpurr 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

In this summer's convention theres a video showing the tale of a rather geeky plain looking brother whose relating the tale of how the prettiest girl in the whole school fancied him (!) and sent him a love letter, the letter is read and it says

"i think we would get along,i'm attracted to you, i like your personality, and that's not all, i think we could have fun together. i hope you make the right decision. with love yours truly,"

this love letter sends him into a meltdown which he only recovers from by: talking to his parents, studying with his parents, talking to an elder, going on the ministry with the elder and praying. Finally he finds the courage to tell the girl no. He says he was rewarded for staying chaste by being used in the congregation and he's shown with his ( much more attractive than him) wife.

But this love letter just doesn't ring true. that's not how teenage girls talk or write. And why would she write a letter even? The letter sounds more like something a middle aged man whose grown up in a cult would write.

What do you think?

• Normalfulla
    Normalfulla

I think anyone who recognises generational grammar can see this is not a modern example, merely an acted out playwright from 1950s America. Cue Doc and the Delorian I think one of the GB wants to be Marty McFly.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

If a hot Italian girl wrote me a letter offering "fun" there's no way I'd talk to my parents about it. Let alone an elder!

As if this is a situation which someone would feel out of depth anyway.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Yep, in your dreams, hilarious!

• Room 215
    Room 215

Totally cringeworthy and poorly acted, as is most of the stuff shown at the convention.

• dozy
    dozy

Sigh. Where were all of these sweet , pretty , horny , "worldly" girls hitting on me and writing letters that "we could have fun together" when I was at school? Frankly had any female in my classes , preferably ( though not essential ) with their own hair and teeth , shown any interest , I would have jumped at the chance.

• blownaway
    blownaway

Sounds like a letter to Penthouse forum. LOL Unless this geek has a software co he sold or an app like that autistic fuck Zuckerberg I doubt it very very much. Sounds like the cult knows it has a lot of geek wimp bros and wants to keep them in line.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

It is a typical WT way of depicting the "world." Remember, if you go out into the "world" you will meet nothing but people who are addicted to booze, drugs and sex. Funny thing, I met more alcoholics, pill poppers and horny ass*oles in Jah's organization. Funny how that works eh!

• Are you serious
    Are you serious
    This was written by a geeky member of the Writing dept in NY who's been in bethel since he was 18-19 and has no freaking idea how kids talk nowadays. He thinks young people still write letters to each other for f#@*ng sake!
  • never a jw
    never a jw

Haven't the Governing Body heard of testosterone levels in teenage boys?

Agree, the letter was concocted by someone who knows nothing about teenage girls or love letters, or flirting, or love, or ...reality. .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit