Evolution: The Deal Breaker

by Hadriel 150 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hadriel
    Hadriel
    The driver is natural selection.

Natural selection has little to do with amino acids being charged to begin protein chaining.

Unless there's proof of this happening by chance I see no way to prove this dilemma one way or the other. It's simply unknown to say otherwise without admitting the possibility of the contrary is just not realistic.

• cofty
    cofty

So?

It makes not one iota of difference to the fact that every living thing evolved from a common ancestor over millions of years.

This much is beyond all reasonable doubt.

Abiogenesis will be solved eventually. Every mystery solved so far has turned out to be not magic.

there are a minimum evidences of adaptation, even evolution

You are not even close to grasping the evidence and you refuse to investigate honestly because you are holding on to a god-of-the-gaps argument.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

hadriel

there is enormous research going on in non-reductive materialism that is far different from viewing nature as a passive receiver of human activities. Most scientists do not view matter as having a beginning. One scientist goes so far as to say that most scientists have quasi mystical responses to nature. These responses I would suggest are part of our makeup and what we can call religiosity. Enjoy them

• cofty
    cofty
    Well that makes it all a lot clearer.
  • Hadriel
    Hadriel
    you refuse to investigate honestly because you are holding on to a god-of-the-gaps argument.

Categorically false on all levels.

Could some unknown event start the chance causing the evidence that we see today...YES

Could intelligence be the genesis of life causing the evidence in evolution/adaptation...YES

Years ago I was on the thankless path of becoming a marine biologists. One thing you learn quickly really in science in general is that often it is more important to prove what CANNOT be true than what CAN be true.

In this case as to the initial catalyst you cannot prove without doubt that either CANNOT be true.

Perhaps some day we will.

Lastly it has nothing to do with God per se. The question is and since we cannot define the driver is intelligence required to beget intelligence or can intelligence be generated by a chance chemically charged event.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

hadriel asked

However the deal breaker for me with evolution is the chick or egg problem. There are tons of theories that get passed around as proof of evolution however these are usually examples much further down the evolutionary chain

my reply

there is enormous research going on in non-reductive materialism that is far different from viewing nature as a passive receiver of human activities. Most scientists do not view matter as having a beginning. One scientist goes so far as to say that most scientists have quasi mystical responses to nature. These responses I would suggest are part of our makeup and what we can call religiosity. Enjoy them
  • cofty
    cofty
    Could some unknown event start the chance causing the evidence that we see today...YES

Again, so what?

Even if it did that would answer nothing. What is the "intelligence" and how did it come to exist and so on and so on.

Why do you keep using the word "adaptation"?

Millions of species did not come about through adaptation. We evolved from fish. Adaptation doesn't even begin to describe that journey.

• cofty
    cofty
    Most scientists do not view matter as having a beginning. - Ruby

Bollocks

• cofty
    cofty

Hadriel I think you are trying to describe "theistic evolution".

You might enjoy checking out Kenneth Miller on YouTube. That is also his position.

He wrote a book called "Finding Darwin's God"

• Ruby456
    Ruby456
    cofty what is naturalism to you? bollocks?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit