Evolution: The Deal Breaker

by Hadriel 150 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WhatshallIcallmyself
    WhatshallIcallmyself

"It seems to me, and I got this by skipping through some posts, that there are some disagreements in the Evolution theory camps. Just as there exists in the Creation camps. I'm sure that some would also disagree with what I said." - Quarterback

There are disagreements in science but the theory of evolution via common descent is not in doubt. The doubts are how certain things happen, how much emphasis should be put on certain environmental pressures, how fast things change and so on. There is no doubt that it happened though...

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

@Esse Quam,

Your 'I am waiting for cofty to explain' emotions and mental features seems like a veiled statement instead of a sincere question.

Your question seems to indicate that you think those questions can't be answered by biological evolution.

If so, do you have an idea of how emotions and such came into existence? Please share with me because I am eager to learn from anyone.

Mind you, invoking a supernatural Cause that bestowed these features upon humans doesn't answer any of your questions. It just makes a rephrase necessary: how did Supernatural Cause receive/develop/have these features?

• cofty
    cofty
    there are some disagreements in the Evolution theory camps. - Quarterback

There is a huge amount of details that have still to be discovered.

There is no disagreement about the fact that every living thing evolved from a common ancestor over millions of years.

• cofty
    cofty
    I do not have to prove I have read any books, I do not have to justify my thoughts. - EQV

So I was correct.

You are arrogantly dismissing a foundational fact of biology which is as certain as the fact that the earth is not flat, but you have never read a single book on the subject.

That is called wilful ignorance.

Ther rest of your post is gibberish

• cofty
    cofty
    Scientists can easily create an airtight room, extract all the oxygen from it, have only chemicals and gases thought to have been around during that time, and electricity can be surged into the pool in that room. - EOM

Except that wouldn't even begin to recreate the conditions where life evolved.

• cofty
    cofty
    I am waiting for Cofty to explain... - EQV

If I ever get around to evolutionary psychology in my Evolution is a Fact series I will PM you to let you know.

Of course you could always get a book.

I am still waiting for somebody to answer these ten basic questions...

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

I'd really like to get back to the original topic at hand here.

Theories around RNA and other concepts as the catalyst. That's really what I'm interested in.

I posted the topic honestly and yet here we are...

Given there are serious unknowns its all on the table.

But again I'm particularly interested in the concepts which caused simple amino acids to be charged resulting in proteins which begin chaining and building life.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno
    The thing is, Hadriel, you labeled the original topic "Evolution..." yet all you want to talk about is abiogenesis...separate issues.
  • Hadriel
    Hadriel

@Jehalapeno I think you forgot that latter part "The Deal Breaker"

There was no chicanery here. I was open and honest about the stop gap for me personally.

Quite frankly I'm astonished that many refuse to admit the obvious here. Whatever the starting factors were, they are needed in order to see fruition.

Without the starting even there is no evolution. There is no creation nada

I'd love to have a conversation about the science behind what or how evolution began.

My apologies that it is a tough topic, doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed just because it's hard or you don't have a definitive response.

In my brief research and I plan on doing much more, this is a serious problem for evolution and hence why so many want to act as though they are separate animals. I don't see it that way since you need this event in order to start evolution.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

Your deal breaker and evolution are two separate things.

Go ahead and believe in a divine or intelligent guide at the moment of abiogenesis. There's no evidence or science to base those beliefs on. However science knows little about that moment.

Ones belief in what the initial spark may have been has no bearing on the fact that all life genetically descended from one common ancestor.

So you see, your deal breaker isn't with evolution. Your deal breaker is with something science hasn't established as theory yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit