Confusion about support for forces and support for war

by Simon 20 Replies latest social current

• NewSense
    NewSense

It's my hope (and not a very realistic one, I realize) to see Bush brought up on charges of being a war criminal because that's exactly what he is. For example, and this is just one example, the Kuwaiti border with Iraq has officially been declared a D.M.Z. (de-militarized zone) by the United Nations. The term is self-explanatory; it means that no nation can bring any sort of weaponary or war machines into the border area. By stationing troops and military material there, and using it as point of attack, Bush is clearly in violation of international law.

Alot of people think that this little military exercise is going to be an easy romp in the park - what, a week or two at the most. The may well be true. And then again, it might not be true. It could be a very different experience that the last time around because this time the Iraqis will be fighting for house and home, for father and mother, sister and brother. They won't be fighting for Saddam, or Islam, or the Bath political party, or for Arab solidarity. These are all abstractions for which they will care nought. And to all the war-pigs out there, all I can say is: Congratulations. You now have your god damned war, just like everyone knew you eventually would. But like the ancient Greek saying goes - Be careful of what you wish for because you just may get it. Just like Sybil. She asked for eternal life, and she got it. She just kept getting older and older and older and older...forever. When she had shrivelled to about the size of a cricket, the children would taunt her and ask her what she wanted at that time. All she said is is: "I just want to die."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit