Shift in beliefs?

by blankspace 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

Spin at work but bottom line unchanged: Same crazy, same consequences.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Blondie, I would also use the word "grooming" the rank and file to accept excitedly the illogical, twists of beliefs that will be "lovingly shared" with them.

• blondie
    blondie

nonjwspouse

nonjwspousea minute ago

Blondie, I would also use the word "grooming" the rank and file to accept excitedly the illogical, twists of beliefs that will be "lovingly shared" with them.

Blondie: I would rather use conditioning, grooming has a bad meaning mostly associated today with sexual predators; while there are sexual predators in the WTS and swept under the rug, I don't want to give the WTS a point of disagreement that might not be understood by non-jws. I would say having been associated with the WTS 32 years, I might have a different take on it than someone not as closely part of the organization. I still think conditioning is a more accurate term.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Touche' my fellow forum member. I understand your point.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

This is DOUBLETHINK as described in Orwell's "1984."

Doublethink: the acceptance of or mental capacity to accept contrary opinions or beliefs at the same time, especially as a result of political indoctrination.

In this case, it's religious indoctrination.

The steward/slave class/Governing Body is "not inspired."
    The steward/slave class/Governing Body is "spirit-directed" and now is moved by Jehovah's spirit.

You should all realize that being "spirit-directed" or moved by the spirit means the same thing as "inspired."
    But the doublethink comes in this way- when they change doctrine, they are not inspired and can make mistakes.
    At the same time, all doctrine is to be accepted as if it comes to the G.B. through God's spirit and is absolutely correct. When it changes, it becomes more correct instead of going from "wrong" to "right."

Remember, it's a cult.

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

The governing ladies want to have it both ways.

They want to hold on to their precious position of power.

It will never happen. Why?

Because they credit everything, EVERYTHING, to God.

God directs the meetings. God observes the meetings. God watches each member and takes notes during the meetings. God provided JW Broadcasting, Bethel, New Songs, New GB member.

Oh yeah, God is everywhere and does everything and is blessing the GB. His chariot is on the move.

I'm amazed they don't credit Jehovah for their bowel movements.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

It doesn't hurt them as long they keep their CEO luxery seats (on top of the picture).

• Chook
    Chook

When did you last hear a catholic talk about its new beliefs. That’s because even if they are up the wrong creek , they are happy with that creek. The 8 popes of Warwick have to look like they are doing something to support their diet of caviar and scotch.

• Half banana
    Half banana

I strongly agree with you Tenacious, the org leaders deliberately associate all their activities with the work of God to the extent that in the mind of the gullible flock, these eight men are made to fuse an identify with their tribal God Jehovah. This is perhaps their most all embracing and powerful propaganda tool; to identify the GB with the Almighty. What the GB says is what Big J says and what they do is what Big J wants to be done.

The reality is far removed from this scenario, throughout their whole history they have never got anything right and they only do things which reflect the opportunities of the moment such as now pointing to post-communist Russia and declare, "It must be the end, look how we are being persecuted."

However this lifelong conditioning of JWs never leads to even one individual receiving any benefits except imaginary ones such as a promise of paradise. Promises, promises! It is a fantasy to give fools some hope in life . . . and I know 'cos once I was there.

In the mean time the shepherds at the top just keep on getting fatter whilst the sheep are fleeced.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Double Think/ Double Speak .... whatever you want to call it, this is yet another example of a “ mixed message” put out by the Watchtower where the rank and file get to hear what they want to hear (ears tickled) and yet there’s an “out” for the Watchtower where they can claim that overzealous publishers read more into their comment than was intended.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit