So telling that there are no little children

by eyeslice 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Watching in on my wife's Zoom meeting last night, there was an item about discipline is love. They played a 'Caleb' animated cartoon and then the instructions were 'if possible, ask selected young children' several questions.

It seems however, that there are no children in my wife's current congregation so the questions were all answered by retired brothers and sisters. The congregation mainly consists of elderly people (like us) and the few of childbearing age seem not interested in having children. When my wife and I had our family, the congregation was over run with kids, all of whom shot their hands up to answer questions with one word answers such as 'Jehovah', 'Jesus', 'Adam', etc.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Good to hear, less kids being traumatized by their 💩.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

It would appear that the congregation you speak of is headed for extinction. I am sure there are more just like it. The current and incoming younger generations are able to see through the curtain and don't have to pull it back like we did.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

EYESLICE:

I remember back when I was in the religion there were at least a handful of children in the congregation. There was always that one coached child who would raise their hand to answer a question.

I remember being amused when once there was an embarrassing topic that touched on immortality. A kid about twelve had his hand up to give an answer. NO adult commented 🤣.

But today the religion has dwindled so much and there aren’t many children there at all. Pity the poor child who is. I’m glad I wasn’t raised in that religion.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

When my wife and I had our family, the congregation was over run with kids, all of whom shot their hands up to answer questions with one word answers such as 'Jehovah', 'Jesus', 'Adam', etc.

It's a completely different story today. When I left 12 years ago, so did the majority of those my age. It's been happening since the internet took full command of the public's eyes and ears.

I seriously doubt the Religion has much more time left. Maybe another 10 years at the most before it goes small Pentecostal type with a small video presence.

• waton
    waton

es, may be your cong situation is caused by the geography. Another situation is that there might be a core of true believers of old ladies, well off, that make up the handful, small number of commenters on zoom, but a healthy group of 20 to 40 year olds is procreating, and determined to maintain their circle of friends, even at the price of having to parrott wt propaganda. they are uninterested in doctrines, belief.

just like other churches, members do not really know what the doctrines are, but are fighting to make their life socially meaningful. having children, ignoring the doom and gloom of wt propaganda.

• hoser
    hoser

In North America it’s a boomer religion. Many of their kids left or are in to keep the parents happy.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

HOSER:

I also believe it is now pretty much a baby boomer religion.

It’s anybody’s guess what will happen once these older JWs are gone. I tend to doubt their children will stick around. It will probably end up like those other defunct sects in the United States.

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Why dont they tell all the JWs children that they should be killed for dishonoring their parents by emulating the bible scriptures ?

Those ancient Hebrews sure knew how to rear up children didn't they ?

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I attended two funeral in two different areas not too long ago and did notice the same thing: Not many young parents with kids. This can be explained by the fact that many JWs couple chose not to have children from the last two generations have left.

I wouldn't be surprised that the numbers of this religion would be cut down in half in the next 20 years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit