Our Art

by The Rebel 16 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Picasso said art is " the spider on the wall" and to me this means their is no such thing as bad art. Art is in the eye of the beholder. Any part time artists want to display their " spider on the wall?

• The Rebel
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

As this thread has received zero interest, let me ask a question,

Q) Who did the above masterpieces myself or a world famous artist?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Rebel, I think you have taken these photos at a gallery - you can see the frames on the sides. If you had done these paintings, I think you would have given more information and included the entire pieces.

I love the second one - a passion for paint. they could be yours...it is hard to tell without context.

I had made a post first that said I thought these were yours but I changed my mind and did a re-post.

As a part time artist, I will post a painting I did about 3 years ago.

It is a self portrait and measures 4 ft x 5 ft

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

They say if you are talking about it it's art. Still Totally ADD

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Thanks for your comments and observations OrphanCrow. What you perceived as the frames on the second painting are my curtains, therefore they are not from a gallery nor done by a world famous artist.

:- However was the second one done by my 11 year old son or me?

p.s OrphanCrow your work belongs in a gallery hence the like.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

However was the second one done by my 11 year old son or me?

The fact that the answer to that question is inconclusive says a lot to me. But what do it know.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

DeseriousofChange, point taken.

I visited the Tate Mdern on the day it opened, a section that you walked through between galleries, had a decorators ladder, paint tins and protection covers on the floor. I noticed most didn't realize it was part of the art. I also loved how the Chinese were obsessed by Deshampes urinal.

A clue as to who painted the second one, I like circles I think they have a calming effect and force the viewer in to a painting.

p.s part time artists please be courageous and submit your Art.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    theRebel: :- However was the second one done by my 11 year old son or me?

That is not a fair question so I won't answer it.

I love talking and sharing about art, especially when it is art that the person I am talking to have done themselves.

Art is communication, pure and simple. And I like to speak honestly about the piece under discussion.

Your question reveals a common misconception about what art and artists are. The standard refrain of "Huh...my six-year old could do that" or something similar is a non-productive position to take.

So. Tell me. You say it. You posted this and you say these are not gallery pieces. Tell me...be honest in your communication. It is your responsibility to be clear about the art - art is not a game.

I do really like both pieces. The way the paint has been handled with complete joy and passion in the second painting is beautiful. I don't care how old the person is who executed it - whoever the artist was, they had joy in doing it and that joy has been communicated.

And that is what art is about - communication. Art making is a language.

Rebel, please, tell us more about the art you posted. The one who posts the art answers questions from the viewer - they don't ask them questions, the art does that.

Who did these? How large are they? What kind of paint? What surface?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit