'American Gone Mad' - a British author's view on the current situation

by Xander 45 Replies latest social current

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    Sure your not talking about one of your own posts Dakota?

Charlie, even you know what something in blue and underlined is, right? Don't blame me if you can't muster the intelligence to click on a link and read it. I recommend following the 2% rule, 2% smarter than your mouse.

• Simon
    Simon

I've written a quick A.I. to mimick American thinking:

if (input.critical & not(whatTVSays)) {
    output("Anti-American Propaganda")
    }
    else
    {
    beleive()
    }

Simple

• ballistic
    ballistic

Simon,

IF TimeSpentProgramming >= 24 and SimonSpeak = "nonsense";

writeln "You are spending too much time on your computer - please rest"

Endproc

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

BTTT-good article

• dubla
    dubla

i have a simple question for all those that believe this war is solely about oil:

what exactly do you believe bush is going to do with the oil fields after the war?

aa

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Make money, duh!

• dedalus
    dedalus

Borgfree,

Thanks for posting that exchange of letters -- what a terrific exchange of invectives. Productive, no, but there's a palpable excitement in the volly of insults. It really didn't seem to be about the US conflict with Iraq, did it? More like the egos of writers one-upping each other.

Dedalus

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

A very thought provoking article. It put into eloquent words a lot of things that had been rolling around in my head.

• dubla
    dubla

t h-

Make money, duh!

id like you to be more specific. will he take control of the oil fields, declare them u.s. property, and then sell the oil to the rest of the world, taking u.s. profits? how exactly is he going to "make money"? i keep seeing all these people clamoring about how "bush just wants the oil!!"...but ive yet to see one person lay out what they believe bushs master plan to be. personally, im just curious. id like to see someone predict what will happen with this oil, that way we can check these predictions after the war. it should be a simple assignment for anyone that really thinks they know whats going on here. aa

• Realist
    Realist

great article by John le Carré !!!

it is so sad that most americans can't see behind the curtain (which is really holey enough to see through) and therefore blindly promote this war. usually its just a pity for the ones being fooled but in this case it will cost thousands of innocent lives. sad and sickening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit