How the US(and others) will LOSE

by ISP 49 Replies latest social current

• ISP
    ISP

How could the US possibly lose? Well, obviously not in any outright confrontation. Iraq has no chance of waging any effective war without WMD. I don’t believe it has any and I doubt it will use any if it did.

The best tactic for Saddam is let the US walk right into Bhagdad. He should disband his regular army into cells that will then perpetrate acts of ‘terrorism’. There should be enough conventional arms in circulation to make the occupying forces life a nightmare. The US intends to be in Iraq for some extended period while it restructures the country to its liking. Likely a number of US companies will be involved in rebuilding parts of it. During this period its troops and others will become sitting ducks to the unseen enemy. Iraqi forces will resort to ambushing the unwary, planting bombs and no doubt suicide bombings also. Paranoia and panic will pervade.

In this country we were crippled by the IRA who could evade capture and terrorise the UK mainland. There was no real answer to a determined and equipped enemy. The Palestinians wage a war of sorts against the Israelis. Its crude but effective. Not many Israelis feel very safe getting on a bus or eating out despite massive military superiority. They live in fear. All Saddam has to do is abandon his airfields and tanks. Let them be destroyed by the US. When the US looks for his army, there won’t be one. Not in the expected sense anyway. This will degenerate into a Vietnam quite easily. I don’t think you can expect anything less.

ISP

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    The best tactic for Saddam is let the US walk right into Bhagdad ....

g'day ISP,

perhaps the fact that Bhagdad is such a huge city is what really stopped George's Daddy short in '91 (now that the lie of "needing UN authority" has been exposed)

cheers, unclebruce

ps: the main danger for Australian forces is not anything the Iraqis can do (we can handle them blindfolded). Our chief worry is the high probability of US cockups. (those damn friendly yanks!)

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

You're sounding real intellectual these days, unc. It must be the company you keep!

BTW I agree with ya, mate!

Cheers, Ozzie

• Simon
    Simon

I imagine the obligatory "friendly fire" incident (why do they always call it and 'incident' instead of a 'cock up'?) with one of those new 18,000 lb bombs would be a major setback.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

ISP,

that's a big presumption and one I doubt is true. I don't think the mainstream Iraqi people are interested in terror. I think they want to live peaceful lives and live as well as they can. Getting rid of Saddam for them is a positive step in that direction. I don't think any but the most extremist in Iraq are interested in fighting. Viet Nam? I don't think so.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

.. having that puss infected bladder taken out of me chest was the best thing since sliced lamington.

shitfree unc lol

ps: glad you're sounding a bit better too ozzie (i'll have to stop calling you 'my bundle of joy and germs'

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

No doubt the US will win the war but it maybe more costly in money and human lives than they are planning on. You are right if the Iraqis play their cards right they can make this the US's 21 century Vietnam. Remember the Americans thought that that would be a short war until 7 years later and they found out that you couldn't beat them at their games. The US went home humiliated. Only time will tell but like I said I think the US is underestimating what they are getting themselves into. Also even if they get rid of Saddam, the country is so fractured with different ethnic diversities it won't be that easy to unite them under one government. I heard someone the other day refer to Iraq as the Middle East's, Yugoslavia.

Will

• ISP
    ISP

William, the Israelis can't handle the Palestinians. If Saddam plays his cards right.......this will be the 'Mother of All Conflicts' etc. It will be an unmitigated disaster.

ISP

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Dear ISP .. with all due respect (i mean that) - on a scale of 1-10 how would you rate yourself?:

pesimist - optimist

unc who leans about 11.5 on the optimist side (i blame not having a tv set :(

• Valis
    Valis
    I imagine the obligatory "friendly fire" incident (why do they always call it and 'incident' instead of a 'cock up'?) with one of those new 18,000 lb bombs would be a major setback.

Its 21,000 pounds dude...*LOL*...in politic company we call it incident...in polite company we call it a cock up guv...ehehe...*LOL* MOAB...freaky bible reference I guess.. Sincerely, District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit