It's right there in our faces, how could we NOT see it?

by NikL 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• traveb
    traveb

For an interesting and extensively researched book about the historical Jesus, I highly recommend reading Zealot, by Reza Aslan. Besides the life of Jesus, the author delves into the disagreements between his early followers right after his death, primarily between James (Jesus' brother) and Paul. He makes the argument that it was Paul who turned Jesus into a divine figure.

https://www.amazon.com/ZEALOT-Life-Times-Jesus-Nazareth/dp/140006922X

It's a fun read.

• blondie
    blondie

I think they have a show starting on tv about now about his travels.

• Steel
    Steel

The argument against Jesus as God is kind of chicken and egg. If god comes to earth a fully human man is he really still god ?

Its really more a matter of manifestion or who new testament writers are referring too in the old testament. Instead of father and son there terms invisible and visible god should be used.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

With overwhelming biblical evidence contradicting the WTS position in every book of the New Testament, how else could NOT seeing the real truth be explained other than conditioning against what the bible actually says?

The WTS goes to extreme measures to 'teach' what the bible really says, without actually letting one learn what the bible actually teaches.......weird.

I have found that every single scriptural example that the WTS provides to prove their position is null and voided within the very chapter of their proof verse.

It has been explained over and over again, many times

cognitive dissonance

TTWSYF

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

I've always come at the question from the viewpoint of Occam's Razor. When I try to wrap my mind around how the Trinity would work, smoke comes out of my ears. I can more easily imagine the Father/Son relationship, where the son takes over the family business.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Bible discussions are so much fun

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit