false accusations

by nowisee 26 Replies latest jw friends

• nowisee
    nowisee

false accusations hurt. false accusations do damage. false accusations are more than just silly, they are ugly and malicious. even when a perfunctory apology follows this does not necessarily assuage the hurt or clean up the mess. perhaps this is why one of the l0 commandments tells us not to bear false witness against our neighbors, and, of course, this would also be contained in the Lord's command to love one another.

so. have you ever had false accusations made against you? how did you handle it? how did you get over it? if this has never happened to you what advice would you give to someone who has had it happen?

nowisee

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

False accusations plant seeds of doubt. The accused, even when proven to be innocent, still has that halo of "just maybe" hanging over them...

have you ever had false accusations made against you?

Yes

how did you handle it?

I cried, got really mad and since the accuser had put their accusations in e-mail and dared me to present it to the family, I did. The family was devestated and realized that the accuser was wrong. However, since they decided that the accusor must be mentally ill, it took away some of the justice I felt.

how did you get over it?

I thought alot about it. Then I realized that the accuser was trying to deflect attention away from themselves. Once the false accusations were discovered and the accuser was proven to be lying, I felt better. I still am angry. I don't think about it everyday, however, it pops into my head a couple of timesa a week. Which is bad. I seriously think therapy would help.

if this has never happened to you what advice would you give to someone who has had it happen?

Confront the accuser. Get therapy with a professional to overcome the emotional battering.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The accusations I have faced in the past were not that severe. I can outlast lies. One of the nice things about getting older.

I suspect a co-worker spread the rumor that I was dyeing my hair. No biggie, except that I never have, and I kept telling people that it was my natural hair colour when asked. People were giving me weird looks, and I was wondering why I was getting so many questions about my hair colour. It has been over seven years, and the roots are yet to show! I have a lot of trouble respecting that co-worker to this day. Especially since I have had to go in and clean up her messes at a few work locations.

You know what? I get along fantastically with the people who know me well; my staff, my bosses, and my colleagues. I sincerely care about them, and it shows. They know I am genuine.

My advice? Stand tall.

• Valis
    Valis

nowisee...I think the incident you are referring to was uncalled for and make have been the working of an overactive immagination and been the result of a bit of zietgiest...sorry that you were hurt, but as you see that fell to the wayside and was squashed...no big deal...it takes a bit of armor to be here and sometimes there is the sass that comes your way...just be strong, keep posting and stand up for yourself.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Nowisee, we've survived it, and yes it hurts really bad.

An apology was offered, an error was acknowledged. We have to simply pick up and move along. I'm still stewing from this, but thanks to Simon and a few others, (3 cheers to Pr_Capone) for their clever internet savvy.

The person/s realized that poor judgement was made.

Let's move along and work to the good/benefit of this forum. Think positively.

Best wishes and thanks to all who know that who we are is so.

End of discussion.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

False accusations? Don`t worry about it.As long as they`re false,you can prove the accuser wrong..It`s life on the board..In this case the poster appologised,good for them.We need all the decent people we can get here..Now let it go,and have a good day.....OUTLAW

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Yeah. Some sister said I was making evil phone calls to her. She was some crazy shut in who was afraid to go get her own groceries, let alone go to the meetings very often. This was an absolute lie. Still I was brought in for a meeting.

How did I handle it? I told them I didn't do it and that I was insulted to even be there. They basicalyl said they realized the accusation was false but they were "only following theocratic order" by sorting the mess out. The matter ended then and there, but they never did anything to the crazy woman. That's fine with me.

Because I know that Jehovahis a doer, not just a talker. Vengeance is mine. We must strive to be godly.

So in my godlike way I handled matters. Knowing the woman to be paranoid and borderline psychotic, as well as being obsessive about her garden I took care to plant Kudzu in her yard. (This is the South). In addition to spray-painting her dog and throwng pebbles on her window at odd hours of the night, I felt truly refreshed in my ministry. She still stays at home and has put on a great deal of weight from what I hear.

Never made a single prank phone call.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Never made a single prank phone call.

lol, I can tell your above doing something like that. Hey Gita, do you know the Pulliam family?

nowisee, what exactly do you feel you've been accused of? I'm a bit unclear on this. Also, why did you say something to the effect that ex-jw's would consider you a troll (or substance thereof), even before anyone had posted anything negative about you?

I guess your thread would be titled differently if someone had accused you of being a drama queen (the 2nd lowest form of life, btw).

kat newmas, I'm convinced, is totally bogus, start to finish.

• email
    email
    it takes a bit of armor to be here and sometimes there is the sass that comes your way...just be strong, keep posting and stand up for yourself.

I totally agree with brudda Valis...

Don't worry about it nowisee... keep posting!... I enjoy your posts... and at one point or another we ALL get in the middle of something... but we go on... most of the time I ignore those accusations because I KNOW that there are people here that know me and know better so I don't really care what is said if I know it's false...

("email")

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

sixofnine - we (me included) were being accused of being the same person (nowisee/Kat/Rayzor) you know, like the trinity .

We were accused of being the same person. Not three seperate people.

You posted to Blackout's thread - if you go back to it (ad nauseum), you'll see how things more or less transpired. Simon locked the thread, and with good reason.

The matter has been settled.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit