Australian Royal Commission’s “BCG” is told “Screw You” from an exJW

by Las Malvinas son Argentinas 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

This was what I was just saying. You seem to think that everyone who has a distaste for that man and his methods is being unreasonable. He has massive ego problems.

Now follow my reasoning for a second, knowing there is a pattern of behaviour here it’s no reach to believe that his comment was directed at Dwayne AND Shelly. Shelly and her husband certainly think so. Let me explain.

Back to the Reddit reference which you rolled your eyes at - Evans and Shelly (then known as just BCG) were on it and it devolved into a back and forth. Evans thought that Shelly intentionally torpedoed his friend Covert Fade’s planed book about the ARC. What he didn’t know was that she never approved of the ARC citing intimate details of her sexual abuse and didn’t want it amplified in CF’s book. She had her reasons.

Evans took it personal and thought it was an orchestrated attack by what he termed as “cedars-bashers” and accused Shelly of being influenced by them.

Naturally that exchange didn’t go well. The two have been exchanging barbs intermittently ever since.

So now you’re caught up, keyboard cowboy.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

To be honnest, I'm a bit surprised that Loyd fell for this one. He should have entirely ignored that thread until his name came up. Sure, she likely talking about him and I can understand he toke it personally. But her statement implying that other xJWs take advantage of sexual victims is baseless and merites no attention. Unfortunately, by replying to that comment, he landed her some vague credibility that ultimately brought the thread on this discussion board.

I'm disappointed that such thread exists. .

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas:
    You seem to think that everyone who has a distaste for that man and his methods is being unreasonable.

Nope. That statement is purely your mind's own invention. I commented on your response to one Twitter comment. I don't really care about some separate Reddit exchange, which does not confirm to whom Evans was saying "screw you" on Twitter. But the really apparent thing is how readily you attack someone who doesn't fully endorse your hatred of Evans.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    1. I’m referring to Evans’ previous history with Shelly (BCG), his tendency to attack her and her motives, along with other patterns of misbehavior. If you don’t believe me there’s a Reddit thread where he leveled false allegations that she wanted to torpedo Covert Fade’s book in order to write her own and that she was under the influence of “cedars-bashers”. But you still want to take his word for it, defend him at all cost and brush away all criticism. Who sounds like the JW now?

I can actually verify this and give some context. Funnily enough I mentioned this to my husband today...how weird.

Anyway I got into it with Lloyd because Covert Fade had a private conversation with Shelly over “a book”. Covert Fade then took to Twitter and reddit to besmirch her. Lloyd played no part in this but to his discredit he jumped onto reddit to insult Shelly , finally accusing her of ‘calling people out in public” at which point I made the point that it was Covert fade who was “callIng BCG out” all over social media. Since Alexandra James defended BCG he also took the opportunity to call her “regressive and hysterical”, both typical epithets men use to criticize women when they have no solid reason to, and I’m sorry this was beneath Lloyd.

It really was a case of the big boys gang muscling in on someone on reddit where they have a big, controlling presence and BCG doesn’t.

I am actually a patron of Lloyd’s and support his work, but I’m sorry I will call him out when he’s wrong and on this occasion he put his buddy before his principals.

JeffroLloyd definitely has beef with Shelly/BCGand it’s definitely aimed at her. He wouldn’t speak up toward a random dude over this.

Speaking of confirmation of intent, what is truly remarkable is how you jump to his defense and insist that their past history doesn’t make any difference in determining who he was directing the “screw you” comment to.

It’s good that we are having this conversation. I feel it’s important for people to at least know what kind of man you are defending. The very fact this can happen in the open is progress compared to what happened in the past when an elder stepped out of line.

Even more poignant for an elder of the exJW variant.

I am not into “hatred” or other sensationalist adjectives. Not into labels for that matter. That’s how JWs thought they won arguments. I speak my mind and call out abuse and similar types of behaviour.

What we have is a difference of opinion. I don’t hate you for that.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Diogenesister:

I can actually verify this and give some context.

I don't doubt there was some wholly unproductive separate exchange on Reddit. But unless Evans unambiguously said "screw you" to Shelly on Reddit, it lends no credence to the claim that the comment on Twitter was directed at Shelly rather than Champion.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    I feel it’s important for people to at least know what kind of man you are defending.
    And there's the problem. You still imagine I'm 'defending' someone. Your specific accusation was unfounded, and that it is all. But the underlying problem is the us-versus-them mentality that thrives so much within the 'ex-JW community', of which Evans and BCG both evidently share some guilt. That doesn't make either of them 'evil', it's just a product of their experiences. And unrelated to your claim that Evans directed his "screw you" comment at Shelly.
  • Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

Did Lloyd clarify that his rant was for Dwayne and not Shelly? He should have directed it at Dwayne, rather than keeping it hanging for all to decide.

In another unrelated incident, when the founders of T&T foundation couldn't achieve their Gofundme target of $40k (only collected $13k) and were forced to settle it with the WT, Lloyd asked the founders to return the Gofundme fund amount to the donors and settle the case from their own pockets as they did not win it.

Adding this to the AAWA facebook fiasco, and the 'asking money from victims to add their stories in his book' incident, a pattern is being created, and that's not good-looking.

With all of this in his kitty, he should be careful how he portrays himself.

Jeffro: Thanks for explaining yourself. I believe you should take some of your own advice and consider your comments that I want people to fully endorse my “hatred” of Evans. I fully understand that you disagree with my view that the “screw you” comment was directed at Shelly and that this should not be taken as a blanket endorsement from you of every thing he does. I made the comment “defending” specifically referring to that incident. Myself, Shelly, her husband and more than a few others have good reason to believe that was directed at her (and at Dwayne). Naturally, should Evans theoretically make an excellent video about JW doctrine or the GB the next day, then great. Attaboy.

A decent amount of drama surrounds this man and it is unhealthy. Of little help is his penchant for blaming people and yes, a huge case of persecution complex - a good example of “us vs them” mentality. Add in his rude and arrogant nature and you are going to have people take issue with him. Then he takes issue with the people who take issue with him and then you get what happened last week. It’s the way he wants it so it’s the way he gets it.

Consider also the tweet itself and the context. Both Shelly and Dwayne made similar comments about exJW activists but mentioned no names. I can hardly fault the man for sticking up for himself should his name be brought up, but it wasn’t. It was completely unnecessary for him to jump in there, claim it was all about him and say “screw you”. Using the same logic, how do we even know they were referring to Evans? Possible, even probable, but not definite. Same goes for whom his response was directed at.

For me it’s like the mouse and the cheese argument. The cheese is missing and you know there is a mouse in the house but you didn’t physically see the mouse take it.

He’s done this so many times it’s hard not to make this connection.

Drearyweather: In his own condescending way he indicated in a backhand manner the comment was for Dwayne, but not before going on a pious monologue about how exJWs who have complaints about him are going to be blocked - a clear answer to Shelly. This is another case of how his behaviour nullifies any point he was trying to get across. He could have simply stated something to effect of “Shelly, that wasn’t directed at you”. Instead he was ranting about blocking people and crucifying himself on his own heavily utilised cross. Why he feels the need to fire in all directions is beyond me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit