Depiction of Governing Body on JW org

by Listener 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Listener
    Listener

A topic was started over at Reddit directing people's attention to a depiction on JW.org of the Governing Body. It's not in their publication, only on the website under the topic of "What is the Governing Body?"

But who are these guys in the depiction?

It looks like Mark Sanderson is at the head of the table and Kenneth Cooke is there also. A shrunken version of Stephen Lett might be at back.

There's also smoke along the bottom.

AM IIIs name has been removed under GB members and he's not listed as a GB helper either.

https://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/governing-body-jw-helpers/

Members of a Governing Body committee and its helpers meeting together.

• llubrevlis2000
    llubrevlis2000

Yea far left looks definitely like Mark Sanderson and just to the right of middle maybe looks like TOMO3

yes Ken Cook and a slimmer version on Steven Lett at the back

the others must just be artists impressions but maybe the two new ones?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Is that the 7 headed wild beast?

• markweatherill
    markweatherill

I reckon someone realised it would be easier to use an anonymous representative image than it would to keep 'photoshopping' an image of the real governing body. Because surely in the near future there will be some more departures.

• Listener
    Listener

That's the odd thing about it MarkWeatherill, some of the current GB members are clearly identifiable and the rest unidentifiable.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    surely in the near future there will be some more departures.

As in rapture ? !!

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

🍷

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's the ghost of our favourite closet gay, Nathan Knorr.

Looks like the Governing Body(tm) (Pee be upon them), have had members resurrected(tm) because they're all so rubbish!

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I find it interesting the pic shows 7, but the article names 9... I would be curious to know when that question was first asked. By having the pic as it is, they can change out people, and just add or substract names in the article...I think someone else will be leaving soon.

• Longlivetherenegades
    Longlivetherenegades

Why do I always remember the words of punkofnice since I got to know today that AM3 the one willing to smoke despicable apostates is no longer on the GB.

Punkofnice favourite

• markweatherill
    markweatherill

Interestingly they haven't got around to updating this page: https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/502015165

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit