E-Mail, Just recived. About Bethell adjustments.

by DwainBowman 64 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• bohm
    bohm

+1 tornintwo. Absalom, can you disclose anything about your source for this information? (you can PM me if you feel more comfortable that way).

I have always thought it was just something people said, but right now it *does* seem like Jehovah's chariot is on the move ;-).

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I have been told that they are considering closing and selling the canada branch and the UK branch and moving printing back to wallkill and the German Branch.

That seems odd, as I was always under the impression that it was more cost effective to have Canadian bethelites (vs US) because all Canadian citizens have healthcare provided by the Gov't. However, any healthcare costs of a bethelite in the US has to be paid by WTS. That could support the speculation that they are having trouble with the charity status in the UK and Canada.

We can only wait and see what happens. We will never know the "truth" about it all because they will spin it anyway they want to make themselves look better.

Doc

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty
    We do understand. Their stupidity led them to spending too much and being sued for millions of dollars. Now they have to pay, from the money donated by people for the preaching work!!!
  • Quarterback
    Quarterback

We who have computers have to help those who don't in downloading Soc material, right now. It won't be long before we print off the Awake, and Wt mag's. That's the next phase of the Lay-offs

Nothing surprises me anymore

• pixel
    pixel

some decisions may be made that we perhaps don’t understand,

WTF? How hard is to understand?

Points 1 and 3 says it all:

1) so that expenses will not exceed donations.
    3) every aspect of the organization is being looked into in an effort to save money.

Is all about the $$. Not that hard to understand.

• millie210
    millie210
    Would it be reasonable to think that whatever "it is", that "it" became an issue after the letter and subsequent meeting of all elders last January to inform them about "the greatest building work ever?
  • konceptual99
    konceptual99
    I have been told that they are considering closing and selling the canada branch and the UK branch and moving printing back to wallkill and the German Branch.
    Also compared sending home all the bethel volunteers to Gideon sending home his troops until he only had 300 left.

Whilst the second sentence is more than believable, I am having some difficulties believing they are considering closing both the CA and UK branches. Whilst it might be one of those "nothing is too extreme to be on the table" type out there suggestions, I would be inclined to not give too much credence to this as a serious proposition right now. Given we can't even get a straight story on what is happening at Temple Farm, the fate of the entire Bethel is right out these in speculation, rumour and out and out cuckoo land right now.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Jeezus, it seems like they're barely even trying to prevent people from thinking they're in trouble.

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    Absalom

Rumors about closing UK or European Branch (Selters) are still going on since some month. I know since july 2015 - that the UK warehouse ist transfered to Selters in germany.

• Warwickslave
    Warwickslave
    Had conversation with a friend from the branch yesterday. He has been there for 25 years. He told me the tipical jah would provide. They told them they were looking to reduce 15 to 20 percent in each dept. Honestly his voice sounded worried hope some wake up. In reality most wont the org is all they know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit