For Witnesses Who Want To Leave Fade, Disassociate or Get Disfellowshipped?

by minimus 30 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

My opinion is if possible fading is the best way to go.

• oppostate
    oppostate

My same sentiments. But in some circumstances it is quite difficult if one has family in the cult or held promiment service appointments in the b0rganization.

• asp59
    asp59

It's getting more and more easy to fade. If they go online completely think many will fade.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Just cut the Cord.

Why would you stay for family if family will CUT YOU OFF FOR DECADES if you leave the WT Org?

You only have ONE LIFE to live. Live it knowing it's the only life you will get.

On the other hand for those jws who have spent their entire life in the organization, What's the point of leaving. You were Conned out of your life, so do the best you can with what you got and no regrets.

• Overrated
    Overrated

It all depends on your situation.

• SoTrapped
    SoTrapped

Ive tried fading for ten years almost.

Finally DA'ed yesterday. Im grieving, but no regrets. I have children to set an example for.

I agree that it all depends on your situation.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I faded.... the elders could hardly care less. It helps if you can move congregation across town .

I have an easy relationship with family dubs so I call that a win

• alanv
    alanv

I faded years ago, and was certainly the best thing for me. Some witnesses shun me anyway, but it has meant i still can have a relationship with my JW elder son.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It depends on your situation, like many others, for me it worked well, i was able to talk to older JW relatives before they passed. And am now on reasonable terms with my JW family. That would not be possible should I be DF'd or DA'd.

I know some cannot wait to be totally disassociated, thinking this will give them freedom and peace of mind, which is true to a degree. But often I think people do not realise that once you have faded for long enough you have every freedom, and the peace of mind comes from making the effort to get rid of JW beliefs and thoughts 100%.

I would advise fading, at least until you are really sure any other move is really for you. To DA is very difficult to undo, and can never be undone completely, you will always be looked upon with suspicion and disdain by the JW's. Much more so then if you have merely faded.

• minimus
    minimus

Most faders under the radar are happy they seem nonexistent so that they can do as they please. Quite often less stressful too. But I agree, everyone is different.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit