George Bush's excuse is good enough for me !

by searchfothetruth 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

I am really excited by George Bush's latest reason for bombing Iraq: He's running out of patience. And so am I!

For some time now i've been really pi##ed off with Mr Johnson, who lives a couple of doors down the street. Well, him and Mr Patel, who runs the health food shop.They both give me queer looks, and i'm sure Mr Johnson is planning something nasty for me, but so far I haven't been able to discover what.

I've been round to his place a few times to see what he's up to, but he's got everything well hidden. That's how devious he is. As for Mr Patel, don't ask me how I know, I just know - from very good sources - that he is, in reality, a mass murderer. I have leafleted the street telling them that if we don't act first, he'll pick us off one by one.

Some of my neighbours say, if i've got the proof, why don't I go to the police? But that's simply ridiculous. The police will say that they need evidence of a crime with which to charge my neighbours. They'll come up with endless red tape and quibbling about the rights and wrongs of a pre-emptive strike and all the while Mr Johnson will be finalising his plans to do terrible things to me, while Mr Patel will be secretly murdering people. Since I'm the only one in the street with a decent range of automatic weapons, I reckon it's up to me to keep the peace. But until recently that's been a little difficult.

Now, however, George W. Bush has made it clear that all I need to do is run out of patience, and then I can wade in and do whatever I want! And lets face it, Mr Bush's carefully thought-out policy towards Iraq is the only way to bring about international peace and security. The one certain way to stop Muslim fundamentalist suicide bombers targeting the US or the UK is to bomb a few Muslim countries that have never threatened us. That's why I want to blow up Mr Johnson's garage and kill his wife and kids.

Strike First! That'll teach him a lesson. Then he'll leave us in peace and stop peering at me in that totally unacceptable way.

Mr Bush makes it clear that all he needs to know before the bombing Iraq is that Saddam is a really nasty man and that he has weapons of mass destruction - even if no one can find them. I'm certain I've just as much justification for killing Mr Johnson's wife and kids as Mr Bush has for bombing Iraq. Mr Bush's long-term aim is to make the world a safer place by eliminating 'rogue states' and 'terrorism'. It's such a clever long-term aim because how can you ever know when you've achieved your goal? How will Mr Bush know when he's wiped out all terrorists? When every single terrorist is dead? But then a terrorist is only a terrorist once he's actually committed an act of terror.

What about would be terrorists? These are the ones you really have to eliminate, since most of the known terrorists, being suicide bombers, have already eliminated themselves. Perhaps Mr Bush needs to wipe out everyone who could be a future terrorist?

Maybe the only safe thing to do would be for Mr Bush to eliminate all muslims? It's the same on my street. Mr Johnson and Mr Patel are just the tip of the iceburg. There are dozens of people in the street who I don't like and who don't like me. No one will really be safe until i've wiped them all out. My wife says I'm going too far but I just tell her I'm using the same logic as Mr Bush and she soon shuts up.

If it's good enough for the President of the United States, then it's good enough for me.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I like your sense of humor, though I think the two examples are way off.

The fact is, that if your neighbor did have a huge weapons stash, had already been proven to kill his neighbors, including his own family, and did threaten others around him, they absolutely would go and get him.

Saddam has been proven to have weapons of mass destruction, he has murdered his own family, he has killed thousands and thousands of his own people, he has threatened others around them, and attacked them.

He is evil. If he were not a threat, we would not be discussing him at all. This "neighbor" needs to be put away.

• LB
    LB

I have a neighbor that thinks bad things about me. He hasn't said anything, but I know what he's thinking.

He'll regret that.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound
    Saddam has been proven to have weapons of mass destruction, he has murdered his own family, he has killed thousands and thousands of his own people, he has threatened others around them, and attacked them.

Sounds like your describing George Bush Senior.

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

At this moment in time, Saddam is not a threat to the US. Fact.

Pre-emptive strikes will give legitimacy to all the other nations in the world who don't like their neighbours.

e.g. North Korea/South Korea, India/Pakistan, etc.

How could anyone say anything in the future if India decided to invade Pakistan because they posed a 'possible' threat in the future?

An American General at the Nuremburg trials said " Germany is not on trial because it lost the war, but because it started it"

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

search

what you wrote looks like something that someone from monty python would write.

• freedom96
    freedom96

Ummmm........... No, I am describing Saddam.

You can't be serious comparing President Bush with Saddam. Come on. There is no comparison.

Answer me this: You have the choice.... Would you rather live in the US with Bush as President, or Saddam? There is no other alternative. You get one or the other? Who do you choose?

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

This was copied from an article sent to the observer by Terry Jones on Sunday, Thought it was very thought provoking.

America is taking us into a new realm of international relations and it's scary to say the least.

• starScream
    starScream

SFT,

America is taking us into a new realm of international relations and it's scary to say the least.

WRONG. The action the US is taking is what the world should have done to PREVENT the Third Reich from marching all over Europe. Under the conditions of the treaty of Versailles the German military was forbidden to build or attain certain weapons. No one did anything stop it. If someone felt it was necessary to do so they would have been within their right under the conditions of the peace treaty.

In 1990 The US attained a UN security council resolution to kick Iraq out of Kuwait. We were so mercifull to the evil Iraqi aggressors that we agreed to stop killing them, although it was our right to do so, if they met certain requirments of disarmament and also allowed us to peacefully enforce NO-FLY zones in Iraq. The Iraqis have failed to meet the requrirements of the CEASE-FIRE agreement. A cease-fire agreement does not put an end to a conflict. It is a temporary document that only lasts as long as the parties involved honor it. The US has honored it. The Iraqis have not.

Just the first time the Iraqis fired on Coalition planes enforcing the no-fly zone was, under law, enough reason to wipe out the Iraqi armed forces completely and utterly. We abstained. The Iraqis have spent 11 years refusing to cooperate with the weapons agreement. We have exausted diplomatic efforts. We are not obligated to be diplomatic. We have a cease fire agreement and multiple UN resolutions. It is time to show other renegade nations that their agreements must be honored if the rest of us are to be expected to honor them.

F France, calling us arrogant? F Germany, calling us miltaristic? F Russia, calling us what? wreckless, extortionists, totalitarians. Those are the USSR and IRAQ. The US has been diplomatic even though they have had the right to take military action the whole entire time.

• artful
    artful

Interesting points here Search...I like the way the article concludes in the Observer...very Monty Python!
    "Like Mr Bush, I've run out of patience, and if that's a good enough reason for the President, it's good enough for me. I'm going to give the whole street two weeks - no, 10 days - to come out in the open and hand over all aliens and interplanetary hijackers, galactic outlaws and interstellar terrorist masterminds, and if they don't hand them over nicely and say 'Thank you', I'm going to bomb the entire street to kingdom come.

It's just as sane as what George W. Bush is proposing - and, in contrast to what he's intending, my policy will destroy only one street."

Artful

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit