Here we go... War with Iraq.

by Elsewhere 18 Replies latest social current

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Judging by Bush's recent comments and the recommendation that the UN inspectors leave Iraq, It looks like the war will be starting any day now.

I wonder if Bush intentionally timed it so that things would be starting on St. Patrick’s Day… the day that commemorates the saint who drove the snakes from Ireland.

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

The only snakes are the ones in Washington!

• LB
    LB

The UN inspectors are leaving and after today there is no more stateside communications with the toops there. It is going down soon. No 11th hour stopping this I fear.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I imagine it will happen this week. It will be over quickly. There will be more guided bombs landing in the first 24 hours than for the first entire month last time. They will scare the Iraqi's into submission before they have a chance to think.

The risk we have with our troops, is when they go into Bahgdad, and have to fight in the streets. But even then, perhaps it won't be as bad as some fear.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm interested in your thoughts on this... many are saying that one of the reasons we should not remove Saddam is because of the innocent people who will be killed in the process. This is most certainly a valid point.

However, something that I can't help but think about is the number of people who have died at the hands of Saddams regime... estimated between 300,000 and 500,000.

Is it possible to rightfully view people's lives as an "investment" in saving future lives?

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

How many thousands of children died, because the US Blocked legitimate aid at the iraq border, and the use of depleted uranium in the first gulf war?

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    How many thousands of children died, because the US Blocked legitimate aid at the iraq border, and the use of depleted uranium in the first gulf war?

If Iraq had not invaded Kuwait and made it the 19th province of Iraq, there wouldn't have been a war. How many thousands died, don't know if any died, as far as I know there have been no studies to back up your claim.

Is it possible to rightfully view people's lives as an "investment" in saving future lives?

Yes, it is possible, however, and I don't like the idea one bit. Having said that, everyone admits Saddam has weapons of mass destruction and he doesn't like the US, to put it mildly. If anyone can reassure me he will not use these weapons against US citizens anywhere, anytime, I'll withdraw my support for this action. Saddam has shown over and over again what he is capable of, and he should be treated as being extremly dangerous.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    I wonder if Bush intentionally timed it so that things would be starting on St. Patrick’s Day… the day that commemorates the saint who drove the snakes from Ireland.

Sure Elsewhere- I'm certain that was his intention.

• Francois
    Francois

How many or our children will die if Saddam releases small pox, anthrax, other biologicals; VX, Sarin, and other poisons; and uses nuclear materials - explosive or not?

You are looking through the wrong end of the telescope, as usual.

francois

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

There is no question that Saddam is an evil leader that killed thousands of people with American made weapons. What about all the innocent people that were killed at the hands of other pro American governments? Why has the Americans not gone after North Korea? I just wished the American adminsitration would quiet lying and say what the real reason is why they are going in their, which we all know is for control of the Iraqi oil reserves.

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit