I'm Not Saying Americans are Stupid

by Simon 13 Replies latest social humour

• markweatherill
    markweatherill

There must have been some Americans whose answer, eyes narrowing, was 'What do you mean if I was unarmed?'

But clearly the survey was aimed at people who have never been to a zoo or seen wild animals up close.

They might as well ask people to estimate their own IQ!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I judge individuals on their individual merits.

However, collectively I fear that when when America sneezes the UK catches cold.

I worry that the weird, mentally deranged neurosis we are currently seeing in America will infect us here. In many cases already has.

Any set of people that deify dubious characters like George Floyd need therapy.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Andy Warhol mentioned that one day, every person would have his/her 15 minutes of fame. But such things are not dependent on a sanity or intelligence check. So we've grown into a world where we can easily access endless examples of our worst moments.

We can also find examples of our best moments, but no one slows down to watch when a person is driving safely, after all.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

There must have been some Americans whose answer, eyes narrowing, was 'What do you mean if I was unarmed?' ~ Mark

I actually believe there is some truth to that. I have friends/family that have gone bear hunting (not Grizzly) and wild boar hunting for sport and were successful. There are those that feel immortal with a big gun in their hands. I always thought that during the GT I would like to be in their "group" so at least we'd have wild game to eat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit