Post votes rolled up to topics

by Simon 12 Replies latest forum announcements

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Just an additional observation on some threads positive and negative dislikes fly all over the place. However often a great point is made. It's a bit like tennis. One of my pet hates is watching tennis matches. However I think the scoring is great, 15/ luv, 30 luv/ then 40 / luv then game set and match and hopefully finnished.

So to clarify the only thing I like about tennis is the scoring, yet the game can still go on forever :-) However my wife loves it. Why I sit through Wimbledon with her, I will never know

p.s I have also noted threads with post votes often become so involved, that a new poster joining the thread offering a third and valued perspective is ignored.

• Island Man
    Island Man

I think it might be good to use averages instead of totals - the average number of upvotes per post vs the average number of downvotes per post. Vote totals can be a bit misleading if the thread is very long - it would speak more to the length of the thread than how positive it is, and you already indicate the length of the thread by displaying the number of posts.

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray
    The Rebel-" Why I sit through Wimbledon with her, I will never know"

Oh come on! It's once a year. Were you not even a teensy bit excited that Murray won?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit