Tis The Season...For Elder Visits.

by joannadandy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• not interested
    not interested

JO,

hey girl,

sorry to hear about that, i know i talked to you a bit the other day, and like i said dont talk to them,

they have not control, ovver you!

the only reason to talk to talk to them would be to keep peace at home, then you just have to do what you have to do,

anywaym hang in there and remember i got your back and am always here if ya need to talk

• greven
    greven

My advise: Dodge them. Don't meet. Sofar this has worked for me, and I am inactive so they can hold something against me. Against you they have NOTHING, so don't give them anything. Say you are happy the way you are, and when you need them you will contact them.

I am inactive and live with my parents too. I have been sharing my apostate views with them and making progress with it. They even share my views on abortion and euthenasia, quite heavy issues I would say...

Value your relationship with your parents, don't let nosy elders destroy that!

Good luck and keep us updated!

Greven

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

you're not kidding!

i made it home to find 3 messages on my answering machine since i've been gone. the first was a friend from work asking if i wanted to go out saturday night (ROCK ON!!), the second from some chick from the congregation i went to when i lived at home. good christ, i haven't talked to her in like 3 years. finally, the last message was a second attempt from a local elder (when i say local, i mean local--i think he lives on the next block) to encourage me to attend meetings at the local kingdom hall "and the memorial is just around the corner." **puke** i'm sure we'll be dodging more phone calls/visits when you come up here next weekend. "Quick!! To the batcave, girl wonder!!"

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Hey, joannadandy, I'm really sorry you had such an unnerving experience! I hate uninvited guests. My advice is to take eyegirl and go see one of those R-rated movies on Monday night. If you feel strongly about it, leave a note on the door telling them something more important came up and you'll see them after your hair dries. Or substance.

Nina

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Maybe it would help if you ringed your front door with garlic. Hey, it works on vampires.

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

rest assured cruzan and big tex, we lived it up yesterday. woke up with the reminder that it was St Patrick's Day!!!! so we made our way to the big city and drank some beer in an Irish pub, then wandered the streets of the city, happily buzzed. later on Not Interested was kind enough to invite us along for his night of festivities and we partied til the wee hours of the morning. so much more fun than some boring elder visit!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

You know, I really have to start paying attention to the dates on these threads! I am so glad you guys had a nice St. Paddy's day instead of an elder's visit. BTW, it was wonderful meeting you two at the last Apostafest!!! You're just as cute as your avitars!

Love,

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit