Elder came...grasped at straws...and left. UPDATE!

by searchfothetruth 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

Thanks for the warning,

I was already prepared for that anyway and it just surprised the hell out of me that it went the way it did. I am under no illusions that I will probably be asked to a judicial commitee after the elder has thought about it.

But it was fun while it lasted. Just hope he comes back for soe more as I enjoyed getting it all off my chest instead of boring my wife about it.

• starScream
    starScream

SFT,

I left in 1995 and I was wondering if they had changed the 1914 generation thing by the memorial that year. I'm starting to remember that they made a refference to it at the memorial but it sounded wrong. I'm having troubke remembering but if you know it would help.

BTW, I heard that due to errors in the Christian calendar going back over the last 2000 years Christ was actually born in 4 BC according to our calendar instead of AD 1. I'm still not sure what year that puts us in if you correct it. I think this becomes AD 2006 or 2007.

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

If you look at the inside cover of the Awake up until oct 22nd 1995 it said:

'Most important, this magazine builds confidence in the creators promise of a peaceful and secure world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away.

but from Awake! of November 8th 1995 it says:

'Most important, this magazine builds confidence in the creators promise of a peaceful and secure new world that is about to replace the present wicked system of things.

They said it was the creators promise and then they made a liar out of him.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

They are so besot with the idea that they must be God's glorius favourite, that if they speak a lie, it must have been God's intention to tell lies - so it's God's choice, not theirs - they're just doing what they must, as His prophets.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

search ; you did quite well, you never let him out of the box. that is what i was talking about . he was in his heels the whole time. if he wants to talk more i would tell him that you will talk to him and him alone. you gave the questions , he is a top guy , and you will only talk one on one . funny how he said read only wt from 1950.here were you have fun get out a few new wt were they are glorifing say 1919 or `1914 or the 22 convention . and press the issue . igve a few old wt false teachings from the time and ask was that worship acceptable to jehovah . and if the new wt mag talks about the old books etc why can't i read and quote them. is the wt hiding something. do you have a problem if i test what the wt teaches today about their past. you got him in hot water, from what you already said. keep up the great work and don't let them intimadate you. john

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit