Is Watchtower now loosening the bedroom rules?

by OneGenTwoGroups 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

I was at my assembly when this was discussed last week. Of course I hadn't prepared and I heard "no rules about limits", or at least I thought I did.

Here's the direct quote from the Watchtower study article.

"Although the Bible does not provide specific rules about the kinds and limits of love play that might be associated with natural sexual intimacy, it mentions displays of affection."

THE WATCHTOWER (STUDY EDITION) AUGUST 2016 : Making Christian Marriage a Success, paragraph 8.

What say you?

• Village Idiot
  • Chook
    Chook

Thre were brothers in the old times who's spouses were made to feel guilty for these displays of affection and they stupidity approached elders and confessed such "sins" which resulted in divorced marriages, wrecked children ,all because some guys in Brooklyn thought they were Gods mouthpiece . Going beyond what's written is the orgs biggest sin.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Isnt oral sex sugested in the Bible account about the Shulamite Woman ? Proverbs Ch .5 ?

Just asking

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

1 Corinthians 7:5 MUTUAL CONSENT.

• zeb
    zeb

this subject needs some quotes or links please.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

It's simple. If you really love someone you want to kiss them all over. If they like being kissed in certain places more than others, then avoiding those places isn't loving them wholeheartedly and both partners will feel a sense of incompleteness.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Keep counting your money and stop thinking about people's sex lives you meddling old biddies in the governing body.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

The simple answer to the question of this topic is ... no. As an ex-elder, nothing changes until the elder body receives a letter from the society. So until then, its just double speak. And remember no-one gets undisfellowshiped if the Governing Body changes the rules.

• Hecce
    Hecce
    Chook12 hours agoThre were brothers in the old times who's spouses were made to feel guilty for these displays of affection and they stupidity approached elders and confessed such "sins" which resulted in divorced marriages, wrecked children ,all because some guys in Brooklyn thought they were Gods mouthpiece . Going beyond what's written is the orgs biggest sin.

You are so right, getting the elders inside your bed is the worse thing that you can do; nothing good is going to come out of that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit