Will the ministry ever resume?

by optimisticskeptic 27 Replies latest jw friends

• optimisticskeptic
    optimisticskeptic

Going on 2+ years of no public ministry. Can't imagine anyone is really enjoying letter writing still or that it's remotely effective. I'm a little shocked that we haven't resumed yet but I guess that's what happens when the org is run by a bunch of old people (ie high risk for Covid) and a bunch of other sheltered germaphobes. It just seems ironic at this point that the one thing we're known for isn't really happening much anymore. It also seems somewhat politically/optics related. All of these precautions made sense at first but at this point it seems a bit ridiculous. Or perhaps there's too many idiots who aren't vaccinated too.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

What's the point in going door too door. People are not coming in from territorium anyways. Just years and years of wasted hour's. Only reason org continued with door to door was to keep JW's occupied and not thinking.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

My mother-in-law is buying sheets of stamps 200 at a time plus envelopes and writing paper every month.

She's an 83 year old pensioner. Some charity this is.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

If covid dies out, double up.

Only 2 ways the ministry will stop: 1 GT, 2 Succeed is stopping JW.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Oppy -
    Will the ministry ever resume?

That depends upon whether it'll be a money spinner and provide booze for TOMO the turd and his pardo loving gang.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

The sheeple will go if they are made to go. But from what I am hearing most are pretty happy doing the Zoom service.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

What's the point in going door too door.

It's probably more effective than writing letters, would be my guess. And it keeps the membership active, helping the elders to spot anyone who is faltering, so that they can visit them and offer up "counsel."

The only edge they have now is that it's a good time to push the "things have never been this bad" narrative, and people are more likely to listen. Otherwise, COVID will probably be a big factor in the numbers declining more rapidly.

• Hotpepper
    Hotpepper

My bread and butter. Is making spiritual drunkard out of local jw Zombie's they have been rebuilding the kingdom hall on Bruncker Blvd for last 5 years... Talk about quick biil66

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

Hi everybodies :)

door to door or not ?

I think GB could accept the two method.

Maybe they would prefer the actual method because JW spend more time with other JW

And more time they spent with JW less times they have to think about the truth about the Truth ...

I see my wife and she make more hours than before with door to door method , sometime at 8pm she continues

with "study" or some other MamaWatch Zoom activities

when she wrote letters , she always send it before to elders and wait for his advice

With the zoom experiences Elders are more and more at the control center on the JW people

they can control more precisely what the JW must think and then they can correct all non compliant thought

What I see actually is JW are more "cultish" than before

here in France on Forums , JW have change with their speech , before they attempt to "think" ( even badly ) with

arguments , but now , they are only writing what they think without arguments , it is very curious.

A good summary is found in the last "Assembly Study"

Some years ago they try to explain with Science Facts why they believe about "creation and Evolution" .. but now they only write

"Jehovah created the universe and all life." without any kind of arguments

https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/enjoy-life-forever/section-1/lesson-06/

Best regards

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It’s bound to start again imminently, now you’ve started this thread 😈

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit