The great R.B.C rip off!!!

by karter 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Incognito
    Incognito

I had understood that because WT 'forgave' all KH mortgages and demanded all congregation funds in excess of $5K be sent to WT, any KH remodels, add-ons or rebuilds are to be at WT's expense as apparently, WT were taking over ownership of each KH. Of course, WT first stated there were so many KH projects needed but over the following year, very few actually progressed.

Was I misinformed or misunderstand that individual congregations are no longer required to raise their own funds for work on their own KHs? If they are still to raise their own funds, how is any money above $5K banked locally?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Was I misinformed or misunderstand that individual congregations are no longer required to raise their own funds for work on their own KHs? If they are still to raise their own funds, how is any money above $5K banked locally?

I believe the congregations are asked to pledge an amount they need to build new/renovate/repair over the $5000 they have access to. The give the pledge to the mothership/WTBTS that then doles out ,after paperwork galore, similar to the government bureaucracy, when the mothership decides what is "worthy". Not the congregations. Yet the congregations pledged, so they must keep up that pledge regardless of any decision.

Those who know so much more that I do, please correct or confirm this. This is my understanding..

• sir82
    sir82

"Theocratic direction" now is that the LDC makes ALL decisions about if / when a new Kingdom Hall is needed.

Local congregations have virtually no influence. It is decided by the LDC and no one else (well, probably the CO has some input regarding the "need").

If the LDC says "No", the local congregation is stuck. Doesn't matter if they have raised a million dollars; if they try to build a KH without LDC input they will be disciplined for "not following theoratic direction".

If the LDC determines that a new KH is warranted, then yes the money is funneled from Warwick thru the LDC. LDC will pick the size, location, design, etc. Local congregation members can pick (out of a choice of probably 3 or 4) seat colors, carpet colors, etc.

By the way, there was another thread here from a month or so ago, the LDC approved the construction of 6 (yes, only 6) new KHs in all of the USA in all of 2016.

There was another thread a month or so before that, in which the head of the US LDC made remarks at an assembly that very very few KHs would be built in the USA in the foreseeable future.

Which of course raises all sorts of questions, about "what are they doing with ll those billions of dollars they have snagged over the past 2-3 years", but that is a topic for a different thread.

• Incognito
    Incognito
    "Theocratic direction" now is that the LDC makes ALL decisions about if / when a new Kingdom Hall is needed.

Previous to the LDC was the RBC who it seemed, had similar 'authority'.

I recall one congregation I had been associated with previously. While a high percentage if not a majority of the cong voted to renovate the existing building, everyone was told by the elders that the RBC decided a new building was needed, so that was how it was to proceed. It was that cong's members that were then paying the associated costs even as the payment of regular monthly expenses was often questionable.

Perhaps the old RBC could only offer recommendations or advice while the local elders & CO may have been able to accept or ignore that advice, IDK.

Doesn't matter if they have raised a million dollars; if they try to build a KH without LDC input they will be disciplined for "not following theoratic direction".

If everything over $5K is "donated" to WT (as regularly audited by the CO), they then would not have any local money to do anything major.

• Landy
    Landy
    By the way, there was another thread here from a month or so ago, the LDC approved the construction of 6 (yes, only 6) new KHs in all of the USA in all of 2016.

If that's the case it's very telling.

it would be interesting to match the number of new halls built to the number of talks/buildings sold off, especially in the western world.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

In India, for new kingdom halls, all finance is provided by the LDC. After the Kingdom Hall mortgages were cancelled, the congregations were advised to keep a minimum balance (not specified) to take care of nominal expenses and send all excess funds to the branch. All major expenses, maintenance costs, lease deposits are taken care by the branch office. Any expense which cannot be covered by the congregation is passed on to the branch office.

For spaces leased for KH's, the lease agreement is prepared directly between the Watchtower and the lessor/landlord. The rent is paid directly by the WT to the Landlord. Excess funds are sent to the WT and is used for building KH's for poorer congregations.

For the Kingdom Hall in my area which is on lease, INR 1.5 million was given by the branch to the landlord as the lease deposit and INR 900,000 is paid yearly to the landlord by the WT as rent.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

For the Kingdom Hall in my area which is on lease, INR 1.5 million was given by the branch to the landlord as the lease deposit and INR 900,000 is paid yearly to the landlord by the WT as rent.

for information - 1 Indian Rupee equals 0.015 US Dollar

INR 1.5 million =$22,319 US Dollars

INR 900,000 = $13,391 US Dollars

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/india/wages

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

$$$

With so much drama in the LDC, it's kind of hard being Snoop D - O - Double G.

But they (somehow, someway) keep coming up with funky-a$$ shit like every single day.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ttTJuWDqJo

$$$

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit