The great R.B.C rip off!!!

by karter 17 Replies latest jw friends

• karter
    karter

I was on a job last week and the P.O from my old congro was there and told me they had just re modled the K.H.The R.B.C quoted them $240.000 they did it for $120.000 so why the BIG diffrence in price???

• ssn587
    ssn587

$$$,$$$,$$$

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

RBC? Is this historic?

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Besides the RBC/LDC misstep, I wonder about this. I believe anything over $5000 and the LDC takes over and makes all the decisions. I can't imagine a BOE getting away with doing a $120,000 project without the LDC - and that BOE still remaining as the BOE.

Besides that, all my experience with RBC/LDC was that they were always fantastically over priced.

• stillin
    stillin

Sounds like a rare moment of honesty that you had with this elder. I also have been privately told how the congregation could have done better,if they had used local talent and shopped prices themselves. But they played by the rules and payed top dollar for a mediocre job.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

RBC stands for Royal Bank of Canada where I come from.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Bobcat is on the money.

jtg

• skimthesurface
    skimthesurface

What I find most galling about this is the vast majority of companies used to carry out the work are owned by...BROTHERS! Ones who could then be fully involved in the construction. Wow, what a coincidence! Sole traders dint get paid for using their acumen, not even expenses!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There is very little truth in " The Truth " but there's certainly a lot of bullshit , hype and propaganda by many individuals within the Borg.

Perhaps someone is trying to establish their own self worth and stature in their Congregation ???

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

I was on a job last week and the P.O from my old congro was there and told me they had just re modled the K.H.The R.B.C quoted them $240.000 they did it for $120.000 so why the BIG diffrence in price???

Hmmm, maybe that's one of the reasons for the WT disbanding the RBCs and bringing it all 'in-house' with the LDC - to stop this apparent over-pricing.

Under the old arrangment the RBC didn't pay the costs, they where all just passed onto the KH congregation/s to pay ALL the bills NOW.

Now with the new arrangement it is the LDC who pays the upfront direct cost - and who are therefore much more likely to be very careful with how they spend it - if they have a $100,000 budget, they are much more likely to want to spend it doing up as many KH's as they can (simply for the kudos off being seen to be busy and helping lots of KH) rather than spending it all on just one KH - previously it didn't matter, the direct upfront cost was borne, not by the RBC, but by the KH congregation/s - of course the KH congregation/s nowaday would pay a monthly contribution, but the above principle I think still applies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit