Observations from an Ex-Elder Part 3 - Why not create multiple Adam & Eve's?

by doubtfull1799 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

Wonder Woman and the Invisible man were making out on the beach,it just so happened Superman was flying overhead looks down and see`s the naked Wonder Woman ,being the man that he is he thinks I`ll just go down their for a quickie .

Wham ,Bang ,Thank you man an then he flys off.

The Invisible man : GEEEZZZ what the F**#k was ,that ? what a pain in the arse !!

sorry if I went off topic.

"if the angels are gender neutral why were they only attracted to the women ?"Why did not some not materialise as women to have relations with men ?

The bottom line is the Bible was written by men influenced by mens thinking which usually originates from their penus.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Doubtfull

I think your thoughts have the freshness of “new thinking”. You are really trying to avoid all the obvious obstacles and fallacies, that occur in the old Hebrew Scriptures. However your new and fresh ideas rise a number of new philosophical hard nuts to crack…..Here are a few examples:

Why did the other new creations have to suffer for the sin that Adam and Eve committed?

Did God use the same DNA structures to create these “creatures” as he obvious did with Adam and Eve.

On witch branch on the evolutionary tree shall we put these new creatures? On Ape branch or Lemur branch or some other…..

When did this creation took place 6000? Years ago or 25.000 years ago? Scientist says that they definitely, can find traces of human activity in some caves in in southern France, and in Turkey from not less then 25.000 years ( agriculture/hunting socit)…Not to say almost all agree on the fact that humans have originated in Africa.

If the Bible is incorrect when it describes the creation of the first humans, how can we trust it in any other way?

If the other creations were Gods “children” why did he only concentrate his efforts to raise Adam and Eve´s offspring?

In this mish mash of raising questions, for me, the only possible answer is “He/She didn´t create anything at all”….The billions of different specimen started with some “bacteria’s” some 3.7 billion years ago now in what is now placed in upper east Canada…. It started the creation of a (not a ladder) but of a gigantic three with millions of branches.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Doubtful1799, it takes a while to reconfigure the brain after being one of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

The old basis for belief was what the Society told us to believe, all of it was without a solid evidence base. One reason it is hard to stop being a JW is that we were running in comfortable well worn religious grooves in close company with others believing the same rubbish and never allowed a moment's reflection to question anything!

When we wake up we begin to see the logical fallacies of Biblical belief and learn about real life. For example anthropology museums abound with evidence for human activity going back hundreds of thousands of years. Stone tools go back millions of years. We have genome evidence of Neanderthal populations interbreeding with Homo sapiens before becoming extinct in the period just after forty thousand years ago. We have records in the archaeology of modern humans from around that same time enjoying a new and flourishing culture making art, paintings and sculpture, sewing, efficient hunting using spear throwers and boomerangs. They created sound dramas using the acoustics of the caves; they used torches and lamps to illuminate their wall paintings. I could go on but suffice to say, scientific knowledge has determined that Adam and Eve are nothing more than fable.

There is no evidence for Adam and Eve but there is a mountain of evidence for humans in prehistory not the least by their skeletal remains.

If Jesus came to buy back what Adam lost, what about those humans who lived before “Adam”? And if Adam and Eve didn't exist, then the fundamental Christian belief of the ransom makes no sense at all.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

@ doubtfull1799...You have some excellent points that I never even considered before.

The creation of multiple couples?

If the angels are gender neutral, why were they only attracted to the women?

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

I always got the "ransom" part

Interesting - I didn't.

IIRC the ransom was needed because a perfect man was needed to 'buy' back what another perfect man had lost. But...during the WT's sciencey public talks, they talk about how the sun will run out of hydrogen and that God can replenish the sun because of that scripture re the earth will be inhabitated for ever.

Hang on.

We know that suns die. We know that due to the huge distance that light need tos travel these events occured 1,000,000s of years in the past. So sun's dying must be part of God's perfect design, as these events happened before Adam and Eve sinned 6,000+ years ago.

So...if God can suspend his perfect laws for our sun, why couldn't he do the same for Adam or Eve? Or come up with a better plan to resolve the issue that this enormously painful one that involves suffering across human and animal life for 6,000 years and counting?

Our Sun's death can be stopped to fulfil his prophecy. Pity he couldn't have been more pragmatic with humans!

• sir82
    sir82

I've had similar thoughts myself.

It's amazing how a bunch of random people on an internet forum, with just a few minutes of free time, can work out a far less cruel, more logical way to design, create & run a universe than the purported "almighty creator" who had, literally, an eternity of "pre-time" and a perfect mind to do so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit